Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's been awhile! Side effects of the pill please

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello, 

I am totally new to chat sites but not new to parenting. I have several children, step children and one adopted child - all very close to my heart. Also several grandchildren. Lots of experience but right now struggling with a situation I haven't come across before so would like a little advice please.

My youngest (16) has recently gone on the pill for medical reasons only (thank goodness - as I am not ready for all the other stuff yet). It's been about 2 months - coming up to 3 but I am noticing huge mood swings. Not sure if this has to do with the pill or just a normal teenager thing. Anyone else experienced this. 

thanks

by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Replies (11-14):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 1, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Could be either.

I'm on the pill and has "pregnancy" like side effects, upset stomach, tender breasts, etc, when I first started this brand. It has really helped with my PMS symptoms though.

I would discuss side effects with your dd and her doctor, side effects are different for everyone.

blackfish
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Last few days have been a different girl. Removed some major stressors in her live, reorganised study periods, took back some responsibility from her, - she is much happier & NICER!

Still could just be cyclic so will monitor and see how it all pans out. But would be nice if it was all that simple!

02nana07
by Ida on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:21 AM

mood swings and weight gain are the 2 most common side effects that I know of and I think one causes the other at least that is what most people say.

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:36 AM
I never had any side effects taking the pill over 20 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)