Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Has your teen starting dating yet?

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:20 PM
  • 55 Replies

My daughter is turning 13 this September & will be in 7th grade. She has dated a boy once. But, nowthat she is in JH, I think that people will start dating. So, has your kids started dating yet?

by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkdwytch
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:23 PM

My 16yo has a GF for the past year and a half. He dated a bit before her but mostly it was what I call school GFs, where they didn't actually go out.

My 14yo has a GF, has had a few, but has yet to take someone on a date.

My 13yo had a GF and took her out a couple of times but they broke up.

mom2bell
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:25 PM
No. Mine are 15.5 and 14 neither has dated. They will be a Jr. And Freshman is H.S. They have high standards and now are madly in love with Ryan Lochte - fear they will never date...but must wait until at least 16 to start anyway so there is a bit of time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Dating at that age isn't really dating in most cases.  My daughter has been on one real "date" (she just turned 15), but mostly what kids consider dating is hanging out together at school or at home with the parents.

FindersKeepers
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I agree with this... with the new driving laws in CA teens cannot have other kids in the car.  This reduces the ability to have a traditional 'date'. 

Quoting amonkeymom:

Dating at that age isn't really dating in most cases.  My daughter has been on one real "date" (she just turned 15), but mostly what kids consider dating is hanging out together at school or at home with the parents.

CrazyLife1996
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this
My 20 yr old daughter is engaged.

My 17 yr old son is single at the moment.

My 16 yr old daughter does have a boyfriend of 8 months.

Then the rest are not old enough to date yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momoffive07
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 4:12 PM

My oldest had at BF for a few months she is 15, My 13 yr old son has a GF, they talk on the phone and seen each other school.  

They can DATE until 16, and that will be a strict thing. The rest of my kids have awhile before that. 

kallibrooke
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Quoting amonkeymom:

Yes, I mean't like they see eachother at school, text eachother & I take them out to go rollerstaking or something fun.

annie2244
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

My 16 y/o has started to date this summer. It's the sweetest thing to watch, as she was sweet 16 and never been kissed up until this summer. Joseph, cute, responsible, has a truck, very sweet when he comes up to the door to pick her up and shakes my husband's hand. It is exactly the experience ever kid should have at age 16.

The 14 y/o has been asking to date since she was in 7th grade, as many of her friends were allowed to date at that age, and she is this gorgeous little blond thing who gets offers. But I'm holding firm to the house rule. I want her to have what her older sister is having now. The appropriate age for first kisses is 16. Slows the whole progression down when you're sweet 16 and nervous about your first kiss. And you're in a much much better position, as a 16 y/o, to control what happens beyond that., versus as a 14 y/o.

lnrmom
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 4:34 PM

My rule was HS. My god-daughter went on dates though to the mall or to the local amusement park. My girls are now in HS, and my oldest has only been on one date thus far, to the mall. My friend picked her up and dropped her off because I was at work.

LoveLiz
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM
My 17 year old son and 14 year old daughter are single. Daughter is not interested. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN