Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Has your teen starting dating yet?

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter is turning 13 this September & will be in 7th grade. She has dated a boy once. But, nowthat she is in JH, I think that people will start dating. So, has your kids started dating yet?

by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Replies (11-20):
PhoebemomofBRDM
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 5:57 PM
My oldest started dating his now fiancé at 16. She was 15. They're now 19 and 18 and he's at Cornell and she's at NYU.

He made the decision on when to start dating on his own. I don't have a set age. My other kids are 9, 10, and 13 and neither of them have dated yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Aug. 3, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Define dating.  My yougest had a boyfriend in 2nd grade.  My middle child had a boyfriend this year and all they did was chat at school (didn't even hug from what I heard) and she was in 8th grade. 16 year old son, never had a girlfriend yet.

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 3, 2012 at 6:13 PM
I said not until 16. Luckily both my girls waited till senior year for a boyfriend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annie2244
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I define dating as 1:1 time alone with someone of the sex you are attracted to.

SuperLooneyMom
by Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Not yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Well my older ones do but they are over 18. At that age no.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:05 AM
If that is the definition we are going for my DS was 17 and my DD is only 14 so def not yet.

Quoting annie2244:

I define dating as 1:1 time alone with someone of the sex you are attracted to.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pasteeater
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:20 AM
No and no way would i let him just because other kids are. Way to teach her not to give into peer pressure. Sure honey every one else is doing it you should too! No my son will date when he's 16 in two years. He doesn't need to be dating. He has serious goals to live up to. Hooking up isn't one of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kintop
by Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:37 AM

I found what teens call dating was called going out when I was their age.  To me a date is when they go somewhere like a movie and so forth without a adult.  Yes she has several boyfrieds.  Here is a recent photo of my daughter.

moneysaver6
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 5:04 AM

Our children are not allowed to date until they are 18 & have graduated from high school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)