Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

My face keeps leaking!!!! update

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:20 PM
  • 18 Replies
** update** well we just got home, minus 1 child. I was so proud of myself. I didn't cry, I beamed with pride at my baby boy and watched him smile as he walked away. I was fine on the drive home, but when we walked in the door and his shoes were gone I totally lost it. My heart aches so badly. I hope this gets easier soon... ;(

>My oldest boy leaves for college tomorrow and I just cannot stop >crying. Everything sets me off. I know he needs to go, he is excited and nervous but mostly excited. I am excited for him. He is a major introvert, so this is a big step for him. I just don't know how I am going to walk away and leave him tomorrow. Then longest he has been away from home is 3 days. The thought of letting go is so hard. Anyone else dealing with this? I really wish I could turn back time, I hope he is prepared.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Hugs.

I'm not dealing with this yet. My son is only 13, but we're still dealing with a lot of milestones this year. So I know a little of how you feel.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Oh boy do I remember that! My poor son didn't know what to do with me, I finally had to stop doing it around him. I was so proud of myself when we said good bye, but as soon as the door closed on our truck I broke down. I pretty much cried the whole 6 hour drive home. Had another break down as we approached home and then had another one a few nights later when I realized I wasn't going to cook as many french fries as I normally would.

It does get better and it does get easier...then they come home on break for the first time and you cry all over again. However, by the next break I was much better lol

DarlaHood
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:16 PM

My youngest dd is moving 400 miles away to college in Sept.  I am definitely starting to deal with it.  I totally understand your mix of feelings.  I still have 6 weeks, but I've already had some moments.  I can't imagine when it gets to the point where we are driving up there!

Hugs to you!!  I am right there with you.  So excited, proud, happy, sad, freaked out!  Just all over the place!  I wish you luck tomorrow.  Tell me how it goes.  And plan something you enjoy in the next several days.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Hugs.

02nana07
by Ida on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:34 PM

group hugTime will make it better

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:49 PM
My dd, my baby goes 400 miles away to college in less than 2 weeks. I will not cry around her. Just me. I am sad, but very happy for her. My only one to go away for college.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunflowers12
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:37 PM
It will be ok mom... He has to grow up.. try to make this about him a happy day :) not sad n crying that will not be a good way to see home off... He is a big boy now he be fine we all need challenges in life... be proud look forward to his future.. you did well...
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I'm not dealing with this yet, but just remember, he will call, you can call, and of course he can come home on breaks and you can spend that time doing his laundry :)

drfink
by Emily on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Done this twice and had major leaky face each time.For me as they each called getting more settled  And happy with school it became easier.Still ached but them settling in well helped with the edge.

I thought I wasn't going to survive a couple of years ago.My oldest was deployed and on patrol for weeks at a time...no contact possible and though I known that day would come since he commissioned it still hurt ,my daughter was going off to college 700 miles away and my baby started middle school all at once...ugh It really, really does get better and next year you will be sending hugs to a different mom sending one off to college.

HUGS TO YOU !!!

Madammeke
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:08 AM
He is fully prepared, you as mom are not. It is no fun but look at the bright side, this is why we raise kids to get educated and fly off int the world to succeed in life. You did a good job.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)