Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

That is what my dd is doing today, lol.

She has an orthodontist appt today and is hoping she will have her braces removed. At least the tops, they've been on for about 4 months longer than the bottoms. At every appt the Orthodontist says "maybe next month" so she is hoping that this is the month, lol.

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Replies (11-15):
Mom2NandJ
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Good luck. My oldest DS had his on for a year longer than scheduled. Something to do with long tooth roots.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Quoting mumsy2three:

Not this month :(

They told her definitely at next month's appointment and have her scheduled for her retainer fitting as well.

Too bad. At least it should be happening soon!!

MrsBLB
by Missi on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Awww, bummer.  At least it will be soon tho    : )

Quoting mumsy2three:

Not this month :(

They told her definitely at next month's appointment and have her scheduled for her retainer fitting as well.

drfink
by Emily on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Bless her heart the waiting is sooo tough.

Our house has been the opposite ...waiting but for braces .Though his face size looked normal the head scan said he was still growing.Because of why he needed braces the ortho wanted to wait till his head was at a certain percentage of growth.He thought he would need fewer and lighter ??? type braces.He was correct many of my sons teeth moved into proper space straight but he just this spring got his braces...he is 15 and will be a sophnmore. This ortho also said when my daughter's face /head grew she wouldn't need braces .He was correct she has beautiful straight teeth with out braces...lucky girl ...her dad and I wore braces a long time...at least it seemed so.

Braces = waiting ; )

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:18 PM

My friends son went through that and I swear he wanted a party when he was finally told they could come off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)