Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Advice Needed: how do you know if your kid smokes cigs

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:40 PM
  • 13 Replies
how do you know if your kid smokes cigs
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Ask them, find cigarettes, smell it on them, money gone with no explanation, do their friends smoke? That being said hope others have better advice, I've never smoked and my teens either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2KoolMama
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:33 AM

There clothing will smell of smoke.  Sometimes they will try to cover it up with perfume.  Look for cig butts in their pockets. Do they drive?  Search the car...under steats, in glove boxes.  

lafewsion
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:55 AM

my son told me. I wouldn't have known otherwise, there was no smell, no butts, no cig packs. I don't know why he told me...I think I saw his friends smoking and asked him if he did. I guess, try not to be judgemental and not freak out and just ask.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Smell would be the biggest indicator.

mommysboys123
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Smell would be the biggest indicator.....and the money gone for no reason......my son also just told me.  I do not approve at all, and he knows this!!!  But I am not a good role model with this, as I smoke as well.....

EmpoweredTeens
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:46 AM

How well do you know your teen? Can you ask him? Would he lie to you? If he lies to you it's probably because he is affraid of being punished. Let hime know that if he smokes you won't punish him. Just have a conversation about smoking, talk about the pros and cons. Believe me there are pros to soking if you're a teen. Get his opinion, put educate him on the dangers of smoking. Hop on the Internet and explore the cons.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Typically they smell like smoke, or start brushing their teeth like crazy and wearing cologne.

MrsBLB
by Missi on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Ask

CDMelty
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:24 PM

They smell like smoke.

KeriAZ
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:53 PM
My 17 yr old dd smokes once in a great while and same with my 19 yr old ds. I do as well rarely
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)