Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help what do you

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:51 AM
Ida
  • 11 Replies

do for a sinus headache I have had one for a week and nothing is working .  Any suggestions you have will help.

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sandy0904
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:16 AM

Try using a hot water bottle and laying down with it pressing where is most hurts.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:17 AM

hot showers followed by over the counter meds. have you tried Coricidin D ?

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Have you tried a neti pot?

I use a heated "rice sock" on the areas that hurt~ forehead/under the eyes. (Rice sock: fill a clean sock with plain rice, tie the end and heat it in the microwave)

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:22 AM

I agree with the suggestions already given.  However if nothing seems to be working and since you've had this for over a week, you may want to consider going to the Dr., it could be a sinus infection

2KoolMama
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Go to the doc and get an antibotic.  If you've had it for a week it's probably a bacterial infection.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Ok, first of all, COLD.  A lot of people tell you to use a humidifier and heat, but not me.  Take a damp  wash cloth (a couple) and fold them up in 3s lengthwise and put them in the freezer.  When they are cold (tad crispy) drape it over your face.  And some motrin or something simular for swelling.  Do you have a cold or just the headache?  If you are having sinus problems I love mucinex, but do not take it if you have no stuffiness!

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:24 PM
If none of the above suggestions work you may have a sinus infection. I would go to your doc if not better tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsBLB
by Missi on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Agreed

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

If none of the above suggestions work you may have a sinus infection. I would go to your doc if not better tomorrow.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:49 PM

I was thinking sinus infection also......

FindersKeepers
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:58 PM

For my WORST sinus headaches... I use Benadryl + Advil (green liquigel) to sleep.   During the day Zytek.   You can also try a Neti Pot.... which cleans out your sinus passages with warm salt water.... and in the worst pinch Afrin... it has a steroid in it so you can only use it for a couple of days (follow the instructions) .... warm rice heating pad and or ice pack.... caffeine and sleep.  Drink lots of water. 

Best of luck... sadly the long list of suggestions since I suffer from migraines and sinus headaches.  Hope something works soon.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)