Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Would you go snooping through your teenagers room

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:10 AM
  • 56 Replies
2 moms liked this

Yes first of I pay Rent their not that child.Second in my head a child has not rights in my house until they pay taxes and hopefully they will be ready to move out by then. Come on parent are you crazy you should know about everything that comes and goes in your house.

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:26 AM
If I wanted to, yes. Told mine computer is public so I can see everything and so can everyone else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:28 AM
4 moms liked this

If I felt a need to I would, but without a reason I wouldn't.They may be your child, you may pay rent, but they are not your property. That does afford them some privacy in my book.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:50 AM

I agree.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

If I felt a need to I would, but without a reason I wouldn't.They may be your child, you may pay rent, but they are not your property. That does afford them some privacy in my book.

MrsBLB
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I would not unless I thought there was good reason to.  That is their space, just like I have mine.  

EmpoweredTeens
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

If you develop a close relationship with your teen where they are honest with you, the need to find out what they are doing won't be there. I think we teach our teens by example. if you are saying they have no rights, how will they learn to have rights themselves and honor other peoples rights. I don't think having rights has anything to do with paying taxes or rent. I think everyone deserves to have rights. I think that if you are at the point of dishonesty in your relationship with your teen, this is the issue that needs to be examined.

deltadawn1975
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:05 AM
2 moms liked this

Nope. I trust my dd and she trusts me, we have a close enough relationship that she knows there is no need to hide anything from me. I would never invade her privacy or disrespect her that way.

pink ribbonIn honor of my mom who is a survivor

jenandpetersmom
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

If I had a reason to snoop, yes.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:09 AM
If I thought I had a reason to I would but just to do so on a random basis, no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annie2244
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I want everyone in my house to feel respected. If my kids give me no cause for concern or suspicion, I do not snoop around in their room. If they do give me cause for concern, then I respectfully tell them that I'm their parent who loves them who's job it is to keep them safe and help guide them to learn how to make good choices, and in that spirit, will do what I need to do to keep them safe, which includes looking through their stuff if I have reason to suspect problems.

bizzeemom2717
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Only if I had a reason to. I have always told my kids privacy is an earned privilege...so far up to this point my kids have earned that privilege and I trust them so nope I haven't....and won't unless given a reason..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN