Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Would you go snooping through your teenagers room

Posted by   + Show Post

Yes first of I pay Rent their not that child.Second in my head a child has not rights in my house until they pay taxes and hopefully they will be ready to move out by then. Come on parent are you crazy you should know about everything that comes and goes in your house.

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Replies (11-20):
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:17 AM
2 moms liked this

Only if I had a reason.   Yes, I have the right to search my own home....but my home is also home to my kids.  I respect their privacy and I trust them.

Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Snoop, not unless I had a good reason.

I would more likely announce that I'm going to go through his room or whatever instead of snoop.

sunflowers12
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:34 PM
Huh, I not sure I am following you here.. are you saying because you have a minor in your home that they have know rights?? That's not true at all they (we) all have rights even people that choose to break the laws still have rights not many, but there still some.. look it up if you like.. when you have a child or take on the responsibility if raising children your responsibile for them and their well being..

sure we are to be aware of what being paid that's our responsibility as adults until a child becomes capable of caring for them selves in which we as parents need to prepare them for that too.. however if your paying for adults then yes they need to get up in get some type if work n pay their own way... I never intentionally went through my kids things but I sure did come across stuff... at 16 they should be getting jobs at 18 paying rent n buying their own stuff.. by 19 should be out on their own but til then they still have right but not for law breaking... If that's the case then obvose the situation is different..
SuperLooneyMom
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:44 PM
My question is there anyone who has or had to.
I was looking for something last year, and I found a bunch of how Dino say this lightly (sexual content) stuff in my sons dresser. I didn't snoop. Just came across this stuff. Anyway, I do snoop and check on my kids. I pay for their stuff and work hard to raise em right. I agree kids aren't property, but I chose to have my kids and they are my responsibility. So if I choose to peek or spy on them I will. Regardless of those who may view me a's over the top
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeriAZ
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:55 PM
Id never intentionaly snoop unless there was a reason to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tesserae
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

ONLY if they gave me a reason to. Such as odd behavior or finding some type of paraphernalia, etc. Otherwise I respect his room and cell phone by not snooping.

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Aug. 10, 2012 at 2:03 PM
If I had reason I would. He knows I can read his FB anytime. Also, Ive told him many times that if I find a note just laying on the floor in his room or in a pocket, as I am the one that does laundry, that I will read it. Ive told him that if he has a love letter or something he doesnt want me to see to put it away or rip it up and throw it away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.JuneDiva629.
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 2:04 PM

i usually do. I'm in there cleaning her room anyways. 

Shaybay218
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Sometimes I do if I feel it's needed other than that no..

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Aug. 10, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Is this in response to something?  I would and have snooped in my kids room when they have given me cause.  Other than that, no.  I do need to know what's going on in my house, because like the police will tell you, if they bring drugs in here I am the one going to jail.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)