Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you go snooping through your teenagers room

Posted by   + Show Post

Yes first of I pay Rent their not that child.Second in my head a child has not rights in my house until they pay taxes and hopefully they will be ready to move out by then. Come on parent are you crazy you should know about everything that comes and goes in your house.

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Replies (21-30):
CrazyLife1996
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Exactly

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Only if I had a reason to. I have always told my kids privacy is an earned privilege...so far up to this point my kids have earned that privilege and I trust them so nope I haven't....and won't unless given a reason..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't snoop. But if I have reason I will take the child with me, ask if they have anything they would like to show me, then flip their room. If you snoop than so will they, be honest and search with them present.
HLmom89
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Depends on if they act like they are hiding something then yes.
Would i go in and clean my teens room no it his job not mine but i will go in and take his bed stuff off so i can wash them.
Thanfully i am not that far yet ad my boys are 4 and 2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyNboys41
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I agree with her 

Quoting luckysevenwow:

If I felt a need to I would, but without a reason I wouldn't.They may be your child, you may pay rent, but they are not your property. That does afford them some privacy in my book.

OHgirlinCA
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 4:19 PM

If I thought there was a cause to, yes, I would, but otherwise, I respect their privacy.

pasteeater
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Only if I needed to. Such as drugs Or
If he was accused of something
Illegal. I wouldn't go in just to go in. Yes they are your children. But that doesn't mean they are second class. They do have rights. You don't have to like it. If they are American they have rights. You do have the power to loom through their room. I just feel like you are a little stern. Youre only borrowing them for a short time. Then they go out to the real world. If you're not careful they may not come back. You don't have to pay taxes to have rights. That's not how it works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tru2Him4E
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I trust my kids farther than I can throw them, but no one's perfect. If something were to come up I would allow them to be in the room with me.

Quoting mumsy2three:

I agree.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

If I felt a need to I would, but without a reason I wouldn't.They may be your child, you may pay rent, but they are not your property. That does afford them some privacy in my book.

I'm with you both. I have good kids, but if it came to their safety of course I would. Probably with them in the room.

Playitagain
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I always search my eldest DDs room and once a month on a random day her school caseload teacher and I go threw her locker.

My daughter lost all rights to privacy for several things including but not limited to skipping school to have sex, lying, cheating, stealing. She is adopted from abuse and neglect, she was never taught proper social norms or behaviors. Things that most take for granted their child understanding mine doesnt and may never never after years of therapy. Most things like social norms and expectations are learned in the first 5 years of life. During this time in my daughters life she was around a horrible monster who stole, cheated, lied, had sex with many different men a week sharing one room with DD. Anyhow, she has Reactive Attachment Disorder, we've tried on several occasions to give her the benefit of the doubt and its never worked out for us. Now my second daughter.... she would have to do something for me to start snooping.

WIth my eldest alot of it is about her safety, we can keep tabs on her here at home and during the summer but during school its another story. The school doesnt seem to care if she skips, and thats when some of the worst things have happend.

shorty13417
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

i don't snoop unless my son gives me a reason to so untill then his privacy is his privacy.

drfink
by Emily on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:17 PM
If I had a reason I felt I needed to I would.There would be no sneaking about on my part.I would tell them why I was as I was searching.So far I haven't felt the need.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)