Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Would you go snooping through your teenagers room

Posted by   + Show Post

Yes first of I pay Rent their not that child.Second in my head a child has not rights in my house until they pay taxes and hopefully they will be ready to move out by then. Come on parent are you crazy you should know about everything that comes and goes in your house.

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Replies (41-50):
cryzmom
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I've done it b4 & would do it again :)

SHORTSHORT
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Quoting sockslady:

Yes first of I pay Rent their not that child.Second in my head a child has not rights in my house until they pay taxes and hopefully they will be ready to move out by then. Come on parent are you crazy you should know about everything that comes and goes in your house.

i agree ^^^^

02nana07
by Ida on Aug. 11, 2012 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Everyone deserves some privacy no matter what age I think if I were given no privacy as a teen I would sneak and do things and not share anything with my parents.  I say this because if you feel the need to check everythng they do they know you have no trust or faith in them.  

cpittaz
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Yes I do. Its my right its my responsibility.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Aug. 11, 2012 at 2:36 PM
If I had a reason to, yes I would snoop.
monkeymama118
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:43 PM

one day a few weeks ago my 13 year old daughter left her facebook on and i just looked at it.well i found out some interesting stuff but the thing that really got my attention was the fact her and a school friend were cutting.so i am glad i did snoop and i would do it again.my daughter lives with her dad down south and never told me about it.

dreama_76
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I don't need to as of yet.  My oldest, I know she is a bit odd but I wouldn't have to worry about her.  I think I might have to with my 14 year old daughter though.  She is a freshman this year and boy crazy and she isn't as honest with me as her sister.  My son~  always.  He doesn't know how to stop and gain my trust.  He has gotten into trouble chatting with a little girl online(yep I called and she was a little girl~ her momma and I raised cane with them) and the next one he was chatting to an alleged  21 year old.  My dad had to step in on that. So, he doesn't have any computer rights unless there is an adult in the room with him.     It is sad when even his granfather as a police officer telling him what he has been through over the years can't get through to him. He keeps saying " that wouldn't happen to me".  way too trusting. 

kerri1226
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:42 PM

MY RULES OF LIVING IN MY HOUSE UNTIL YOU GET YOUR OWN PLACE is what i tell my all three of my kids and i tell them i pay the bills around here and the t v that you watch buy the food that is in your belly and pay the lights that you leave on and the water that you love to waste so much yeah i do believe i have every right in my kids rooms to see what they are really hiding and not telling me and when i do go through there stuff i still have to think like a teenager i mean come on mom's we where all teen's once so go back and think of the things that we all had done to hide stuff from our moms and dad's

nerdlihc3
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't just do it because I can. 

xxMocahFrappxx
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Quoting luckysevenwow:

If I felt a need to I would, but without a reason I wouldn't.They may be your child, you may pay rent, but they are not your property. That does afford them some privacy in my book.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)