Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Need Advice.

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:00 PM
  • 11 Replies

I am 22 years old. I have a boyfriend who is in the army. I get to see him once a month and we take turns visiting each other. I want to know why my parents are calling me names and telling me i am disrespecting their house and myself. What should i do?

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:30 PM

My suggestion would be to ask your parents.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:46 PM

You have to ask your parents. That is not something we can answer.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Absolutely ask your parents.

drfink
by Emily on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Quoting fantasticfour:

Absolutely ask your parents.

agree ...the best place to start

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Aug. 11, 2012 at 12:24 AM
This...good luck with things.

Quoting fammatthews4:

My suggestion would be to ask your parents.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DarlaHood
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Is he coming to your parent's house to sleep over?  Do they object to you staying the night with him?  Do they have a problem with him that you are aware of?

Really, if you live with them, then you should at least be as discreet as possible with activities they might not approve of, and don't bring him into their house if they don't want that.  Take it elsewhere and try to be respectful.  When you live on your own, you will have more freedom.

However if you are not doing anything they don't agree with in their house, and you are not rubbing anything in their face that is hurtful or hard for them, then maybe there is not much you can do.  But I have a feeling you might know what they are upset about?

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Without knowing any more info than you have given it's really hard to give advice. If he is staying at your parents house when he visits and they are not okay with that then perhaps you should find other arrangements when he visits you. Discuss the situation with your parents.

dobrd
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 5:34 PM

EmilyCortes90, Young ladies such as yourself don't realize that their parents had a whole different way of 'Values' in their time.. They are set in their ways in areas.. They don't like how the world has changed so fast that their ideas won't change as the world does, or you do..  Their ways were  what you'd call, 'OL Fashioned' today.. This is why all the friction.. They feel it's a lack of respect to them/yourself.. Take Care, Donna....

MrsBLB
by Missi on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I agree with all of the above replies.  

MrsBLB
by Missi on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:50 PM

This...I hope things work out

Quoting mumsy2three:

Without knowing any more info than you have given it's really hard to give advice. If he is staying at your parents house when he visits and they are not okay with that then perhaps you should find other arrangements when he visits you. Discuss the situation with your parents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)