Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FOLLOWING CHILDRENS TWITTER

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:36 AM
  • 13 Replies

A relative told me she has a friend who gets push notifications of all her daughter's tweets and the replies on her own Iphone. Does anyone know how to do this? I MADE my daughter let me follow her tweets because she didn't want too and now, due to some other issues, I need to monitor closer than just looking at them when I think about it.

by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 11, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I don't know but here's a bump~

MrsBLB
by Missi on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:52 PM

I don't have any idea, maybe someone else in here will though.  Good luck

DarlaHood
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Be careful.  Even if you are monitoring, she can make up accounts with different names, and log on from friend's computers. Sounds like you are trying to be very vigilant, but they can be crafty!!  I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer to your question, but you could probably google it and find out.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Neither one of my teens have a Twitter acct.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunflowers12
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:48 AM
If that's the case just tell her to get rid of her twiter...
drfink
by Emily on Aug. 12, 2012 at 1:46 AM

No clue.I do follow my 14 year old as does every one in our extended family.He tries to be a political satirist and tweets his version of satire about all political candidates.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Aug. 12, 2012 at 9:44 AM

If you think you need to monitor it that closely, perhaps your daughter isn't ready for twitter.

Jenniy
by Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 9:45 AM
Should be a drop menu that turns mobile notifications on. You can't be on mobile to turn them on though. I don't think...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annie2244
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

The question is moot if instead alarm is at the existence of a twitter account, rather than chasing this activity to keep aware of the content. LOL.

I think a kid (or an adult) twittering is a clear sign the kid needs to get a life! Harder classes, more extracurriculars, some times each day when the phone is shut down. The more a person elevates drivel, the more they need to get a more meaningful and purpose driven life (I realize the irony as someone who spends an hour a day on CM. But at least I'm not sending out little alerts about the my every hourly latest activity, making parochial smug self-absorption into a spectator sport )

Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 12, 2012 at 2:06 PM

None of use twitter.

Here's a BUMP.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)