Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sweet 16

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:16 PM
  • 35 Replies

Daughter turning 16 in October. She wants a big party with friends. I'd rather just have closest family at the house and a couple of her closest friends. We have a small home and can't invite everyone. Nor do I want to. Just the few people that show they care.  Money is a big factor as well.  So, what did you do for your daughters sweet 16 ?

by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:28 PM
We have no family here so it was all friends. DD 21 had a KY Derby party.since her bday is always around that weekend. She invited 25 and about 18 came. DD 18 had a luau with a friend. The 2 of them had about 15 come.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:31 PM

My dd didn't want a sweet 16 party. We just did our usual birthday person gets to pick where we eat on their birthday.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Mine never wanted parites either, my mom threw me a surprise party when I turned 16.

joshlor2
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:51 PM
My dd is 6 LOL so I have no idea yet what we will do. When I turned sweet 16 my parents put Streamers up in my room while I was at school and gave me $20 to "play with" while I supervised my little sister who wanted to go to the mall. Needless to say anything would be better than that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jerzymom
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:01 PM

That's funny. So I guess giving her $20 and drop her off at the mall would not be good then?..... ;-D

Quoting joshlor2:

My dd is 6 LOL so I have no idea yet what we will do. When I turned sweet 16 my parents put Streamers up in my room while I was at school and gave me $20 to "play with" while I supervised my little sister who wanted to go to the mall. Needless to say anything would be better than that.

joshlor2
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Not if she hates shopping, and is stuck supervising her sibling.

Quoting Jerzymom:

That's funny. So I guess giving her $20 and drop her off at the mall would not be good then?..... ;-D

Quoting joshlor2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:30 PM

She's not yet 16 but am planning a trip for her when she does.

DarlaHood
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:58 PM

My dd didn't want a party either.  What if you give her a budget, and let her figure out what she could and would want to do within that budget, and presented it to you?

Jerzymom
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:07 PM

hmmm..... not a bad idea.   

Quoting DarlaHood:

My dd didn't want a party either.  What if you give her a budget, and let her figure out what she could and would want to do within that budget, and presented it to you?

Jerzymom
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:10 PM

oh yeah?..... cool!   where to?

Quoting fantasticfour:

She's not yet 16 but am planning a trip for her when she does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)