Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Do your teens like to read

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Ida
  • 31 Replies

and do you enjoy reading

by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:45 AM

I am am an avid reader. My older kids used to be also, well my dd's not my ds's, but they don't do it as much now as they used to. My younger set, my dd loves to read but not her brother. The other two can't yet although one is currently learning to read.

PurpleHazey
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Yes all of them love to read!

PurpleHazey
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Quoting luckysevenwow:

I am am an avid reader. My older kids used to be also, well my dd's not my ds's, but they don't do it as much now as they used to. My younger set, my dd loves to read but not her brother. The other two can't yet although one is currently learning to read.

Me too, but I have put the books away for awhile, I needed a break!

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:55 AM
They both love to read and so do I.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 26, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I love to read. My kids don't have the same love of reading that I do. My teen will pick up a book every once in awhile. She's finally reading The Hunger Games trilogy. She started after watching the movie the other day and has finished book one and just started book two. My sons only read when they have to.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Aug. 26, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I certainly love it and so do the kids!

rebeccasmly
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 11:37 AM
DH and I are both avid readers. I can't tear my oldest teen out of his books. All our kids enjoy reading though. At any given time, you can find at least a couple of them reading.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrylife3
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 12:31 PM

My 15 year old likes to read popular books like the Hunger Games & Twilight but, that's pretty much it. My two other daughters don't read as much but they only read if the teacher says so!

I only read if I have the time.

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Aug. 26, 2012 at 1:48 PM
I love to read, but for the life of me, I can't get my 13 year old son to like reading.He's a good reader, tests above his grade level in school, but he absolutely hates to read. I've tried telling him it's an escape of sorts. I've always thought not liking to read was a boy thing, but I could be wrong. Do your sons like to read?
wakymom
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I love reading. Ds1 likes to read, but not as much as I do. He prefers to read right before bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)