Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Coffee Drinker????

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:49 PM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this
So I have 3 kids- 7, 12, 17 and they all like to drink coffee. I don't let my youngest drink coffee but the other two love it in the mornings. My question is, do you think it's too early for them to be coffee drinkers at their age. They started drinking because they stayed at their grandparents house one time and they tried it and ended up loving it.
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
copgirl112
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I think the 7 year old might be to young. I think the 12 year old should be able to drink coffee. My dd slowly started drinking coffee at 12 close to 13. I think she should be able to drink some but not everday. Maybe 2-4 times a week.

MsLadyBlue
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 11:19 PM
That's way too young is it caffinated especially if it's caffinated kids don't need that type of drink at that age
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazyLife1996
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 11:20 PM
All my kids love coffee especially my youngest two. They are only 7 and 8 but I let them have the last sip every now and then.

My 11 yr old prefers hot chocolate. My four oldest drink a cup every morning youngest of them I 15.

My 14 yr old is the only one it isn't too appealing to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Aug. 26, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I loved coffee when I was with my grandmother, but my parents didn't give it to me or allow me to have it.  I have heard all sorts of nasties revolving around it and my biggest problem is the crash from it.  I guess it's like a soda, but my kids get caffine free sodas here.

Not_A_Native
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this

It's no different, well, actually better than, a Coke.  Really no difference, except less chemicals.  3 of my kids love coffee, and one has loved it since the age of 5.  I see no problem with it.  My youngest hates it, and always has (she's 17).

JudyWarren
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:29 AM
bump

MrsBLB
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Two of mine like it.  I let them have a cup once in awhile when they turned 15.  

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this

My 13 yr old started drinking it every day this summer and my 15yr old started drinking it every day last school year.  I don't think it is too young.

bizzeemom2717
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:55 AM
No, I don't think it's a good idea, just like I don't think drinking energy drinks is a good idea, esp for growing teens. Caffeine is a drug, a stimulant that has been found to be highly addictive with side effects such as increased heart rate, ect. Why would you ever encourage your children to drink a chemical like this? It's an unhealthy habit my kids may pick up one day, but def not under my roof on my watch
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 1:27 AM

11 and under yes...depends for the 12 yr old but I dont let my kids have it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN