Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DS woke up!

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 1:51 AM
  • 16 Replies
For some reason I cant edit the original post..anyway...

DS woke up about an hour ago. He could barely even move. The doctor told me that DS will need to go to physical rehabilitation for an unknown amount of time.

His voice was hoarse, he was exhausted, and worst of all, he didnt remember his name.

He literally asked me what his name was. He remembered that I was "mom", but not my actual name. His memory is extremely spotchy. He remembers he was in a car crash, but not if DH was in the car with him. The doctor says that DS might regain his memory, but not anytime soon. I'm devestated...I mean, how would you feel if your own child didnt remember your name?

Well...I'll keep you updated.. Can I get some virtual hugs?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 1:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamabyrd86
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 1:55 AM
Sorry mama (((( BIG BEAR DIGI HUGS!!!))))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EyEmTuRtLe
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 2:01 AM

*Hugs*

I know what it's like to be knocked silly to the point of lossing some memory in an accident. It really sucks. It's been 22 years and I'm still working on some memory loss.  You need to be strong for him. It's going to be rough but he needs you more now than ever.

*Hugs*

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:21 AM

hugs

Of course you can have some hugs!  I was wondering how you were doing nad how your son was doing.  I was talking about you to my husband last night. I'm so glad your son woke up!  I know you were estatic.  As far as his memory, he knew you were mom but just couldn't remember names, I'd say that was great!   Just tell him his name already! 

wakymom
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I can't imagine how hard it is to have him not remember things like that. I'm thrilled he's awake, though!

(((HUGS)))!

arkmomma06
by Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Hugs momma!

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 27, 2012 at 3:43 PM
I am so happy to hear he is awake. Don't let the fact that he can't remember some things overwhelm or discourage you. Just take it one day at a time during his road to recovery. (((hugs))) to you and to your son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 27, 2012 at 3:52 PM

((((hugs))))

I'm so relieved he woke up. Hopefully with time his memories will come back. His body has been through a lot with the accident.

02nana07
by Ida on Aug. 27, 2012 at 4:44 PM

group hugI hope he has a full and speedy recovery since he is awake he is on his way I will keep you both in my prayers 

diaperstodating
by Angel on Aug. 27, 2012 at 8:53 PM

hugs

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 27, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Hugs! Hoping for a speedy recovery and full memory!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)