Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

I am not a helicopter parent

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM
  • 27 Replies

And trying to not be, BUT, dd put pics on facebook of letters she got from her boyfriend today.  It shows her address, where she lives her dorm and room number and his address which doesn't show much for him, of course.  Should I tell her to make them private or take them down or leave them where they are??? Oh, and we have a very uncommon last name. 

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Aug. 30, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Yes you should tell her to take the letters down!

Shari55
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I would tell her to make them private, because you never know who else is looking at her profile.

Shari, wife to bestfriend John (4/88), mom to Heather(1/77),Nyssa(4/89),Michaela (8/94) and four fur babies (cats)

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Aug. 30, 2012 at 8:50 PM

I would tell her it is dangerous to do that and if she wants to put the letters up, she can black out the name and address or take them without the name and address on there.  If she refuses, FLAG IT

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 30, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I'd would at least ask her to make them private. I am not a helicopter parent either but I think this is more of a safety issue as far as having very specific personal info out in cyberspace for anyone to access.

askmommy
by Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
A friendly reminder is in order.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I would tell her to take them down....whether she does or not is up to her, of course.   Perhaps she simply didn't stop to realize how much personal info she posted for all to see.   I don't consider pointing that out to be helicopter parenting.   

02nana07
by Ida on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:06 PM

She can crop them to remove her address if she doesn't want to remove them but she needs to know how dangerous it is

tyfry7496
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:55 PM
This.

Quoting askmommy:

A friendly reminder is in order.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyMojo
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 11:41 PM

tell her take them down. 

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 11:49 PM

I would just point out that her personal info is out there for everyone to see, then let her make the decision.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN