Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

3rd week of college and

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM
  • 36 Replies
DD lost her ID. Its her meal plan also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:05 AM

My son did that but a little further into the year and on a Friday. It cost me $30 to replace it and several phone calls to figure out where. Thankfully they could do it over the phone.

atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:15 AM
I told her to report it lost right now. Too much money on that card.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:21 AM

That was the frist thing he did when he realized he lost it. It had just been refilled, and he was afraid it would be used. It wasn't, but what sucked more for him was the fact that he couldn't get into his dorm without it. I mean he could, but someone had to be coming in or out for him to, and that meant a lot of standing around lol

Quoting atlmom2:

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Wow, that stinks, hopefully they can replace it quickly and it was lost not stolen.

atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:22 AM
She has a key to the dorm. It isn't her id.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

That was the frist thing he did when he realized he lost it. It had just been refilled, and he was afraid it would be used. It wasn't, but what sucked more for him was the fact that he couldn't get into his dorm without it. I mean he could, but someone had to be coming in or out for him to, and that meant a lot of standing around lol

Quoting atlmom2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:25 AM

awe, in my sons school it's all in one. There is a key for his room, but the main enterance is card coded.

Quoting atlmom2:

She has a key to the dorm. It isn't her id.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Quoting atlmom2:

Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Oh, no!

drfink
by Emily on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:28 AM

My daughter did the same.I appreciated her letting me know quickly but told her next time anything that has a cash like aspect ...credit card ,food card cancel first then call me.Her school also let money be put on the card to be used at the mini grocery store ,snack bars so that a small snack didn't wipe out a meal ,anything but textbooks at the bookstore ,they encouraged this by offering 15% more value than the money put on the card.So of course she loses it early on while it is loaded.We were mean she had to use HER cash till she got over to have a new id pic made the next morning.Mine sometimes needed a little "encouragement " to help her stay responsible....he he...it worked .

atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Hers has over $1000 for meals, and $500 for misc things on there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Not_A_Native
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 1:41 PM

My older daughter lost hers - it was her way to get in the dorm building, into classroom buildings, meal plan, everything.  She went to security and they replaced it.  I didn't do anything other than tell her where to go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN