Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Saw a friend today

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Ida
  • 13 Replies

I haven't seen since high school. 

She told me to come to get some muscadines to make some jam. 

I was only going to be there  to get them but ended up visiting for over 3 hours. 

I left with a pressure canner, some plants including muscadine vines, a sewing machine, some patterns for wood work,tomatoes and cucumbers.  I guess I know what I will be doing tonight, I will make jam, and can some of the tomatoes, then in the morning I will start piecing my quilt top now that I have a machine. 

Teens are lucky these days with fb they don't have to lose touch with friends when they misplace a phone # or address.

by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Sep. 7, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Good for you mama! Sounds like you had a good day! You definately deserve it, with all you've been through lately. How is hubby?
MrsBLB
by Missi on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:05 PM

How fun!

02nana07
by Ida on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:20 PM

THANKS I really enjoyed it Hubby is doing better hopefully the change in meds will resolve the issue

Quoting ashleighmama:

Good for you mama! Sounds like you had a good day! You definately deserve it, with all you've been through lately. How is hubby?

02nana07
by Ida on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:21 PM

It was so fun I can't wait to do it again

Quoting MrsBLB:

How fun!

sunflowers12
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Well, wounds like you have some fun:) yeah its nice to stay in touch but I think some of them could use some space kinda over load sometimes...
02nana07
by Ida on Sep. 7, 2012 at 10:23 PM

thats true

Quoting sunflowers12:

Well, wounds like you have some fun:) yeah its nice to stay in touch but I think some of them could use some space kinda over load sometimes...

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Sep. 7, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Cool!  None of my old friends are into any of that.  My friends are from the city and I'm the one who was moved to the country lol

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Sep. 8, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Sounds like you had a great visit.  Catching up with old friends from school is one of the reasons I really love FB.  Unfortunately we are all spread out so I haven't been able to meet up with anyone face to face yet but I hope to one day.

02nana07
by Ida on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:11 AM

My husband met her and said finally someone as country as you are LOL.  All my friends from school were country I never hung out with the city girls but the funny part 1/2 of the city girls are country now and we talk all the time.

Quoting fantasticfour:

Cool!  None of my old friends are into any of that.  My friends are from the city and I'm the one who was moved to the country lol

02nana07
by Ida on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Thats why I joined a few have moved away but most like me have stay an hour away only a few moved to far to visit.  I found one friend by accident I was calling my mothers # and got her number by mistake because I misdialed.  She said is this Ida and I said yes she knew my voice right away.  I invited her to my house  for a cook out and we have been getting together to cook out alot since then.  I guess it was meant for us to reconnect I even set her up a fb account and her grandkids came to her house and kept saying grandmas got fb LOL. 

Quoting fammatthews4:

Sounds like you had a great visit.  Catching up with old friends from school is one of the reasons I really love FB.  Unfortunately we are all spread out so I haven't been able to meet up with anyone face to face yet but I hope to one day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)