Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Mean Mama

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:22 AM
  • 23 Replies
4 moms liked this
My son tried to stay home from school today because he was tired from playing video games all night. He's at school.

He's in for a huge surprise when he gets home from school. I took his laptop and remotes for his Xbox. Gonna be hard to play without them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Manth
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Good for you, Mama!  I'd be the same kind of Mean Mama if my girls were silly enough to do the same - fortunately for me they leave their laptops and Wii in the living room at bed time.

atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:34 AM
I agree with you! I would say video games only on weekends anyway. Laptop after homework is done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jandhmommy
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:59 AM

I would do the same thing.  :)  DS gets on kicks where he will play for hours or watch tv for hours.(he has reigned this in himself since school has started though)   He is pretty good about stopping when I say so, and getting all homework done.  If it affected school he would lose the privelige.  You are not a mean mama, you are a good one!! 

diaperstodating
by Angel on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:46 AM

good

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Good for you for sending him to school.

MansfieldMama
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Good job, Mama!

02nana07
by Ida on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Good job I bet he will be ready for bed early tonight :)

Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:02 AM

you rock

SquishyDD
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I caught my Son on facebook through his phone last week in the middle of the night!  Well he is grounded from his phone and the house phone for 2 weeks! We do what we gotta do!  Good Job Mama!

Mayo5
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Good for you! My SS is just like this - he would play all night if he could. I don't see a mean mama from where I'm standing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)