Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Yeah! So excited! My son's book is going to be published!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I haven't been in here in a while, life's been super busy since we moved. But I just had to share the good news. My son has been writing things, comics, poems, etc, since he was 6 years old and now he is going to have his first book published! He'll be 16 Oct 1st. I'm so excited for him, I knew he was a good writer, so it's so nice to see it's not just me who knows it. :)

by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:27 PM
Replies (11-20):
Cindy18
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mumsy2three:

Congrats~That is Awesome!

Cindy

BrennaLyons
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 11:26 AM

He's still young enough to enter the New Voices Youth Writing Contest EPIC holds as well! Might want to point it out to him. It's a great experience.

Oh, and congrats to him. My oldest is a two-time winner of EPIC's contest, and she's working on something for publication right now.

If he needs any information about marketing or anything like that, he can contact me. I've been published since age 13, but I've been a professional novelist since 2001.

Brenna

vtmommyof2bratz
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 12:34 PM

way to go

Jess0915
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow. I had no idea that even existed, I'm not sure he knows about it either, so I'll definitely tell him.

He's been writing for a long time, but this is the first time he's tried to get something published. It's very good too, I read it and really enjoyed it. Do you mind if I friend you? It would be so nice to have someone to talk to who knows all about this stuff. :)

Quoting BrennaLyons:

He's still young enough to enter the New Voices Youth Writing Contest EPIC holds as well! Might want to point it out to him. It's a great experience.

Oh, and congrats to him. My oldest is a two-time winner of EPIC's contest, and she's working on something for publication right now.

If he needs any information about marketing or anything like that, he can contact me. I've been published since age 13, but I've been a professional novelist since 2001.

Brenna

drfink
by Emily on Sep. 22, 2012 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Wonderful !!!

BrennaLyons
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Not at all! Please do!

Quoting Jess0915:

Wow. I had no idea that even existed, I'm not sure he knows about it either, so I'll definitely tell him.

He's been writing for a long time, but this is the first time he's tried to get something published. It's very good too, I read it and really enjoyed it. Do you mind if I friend you? It would be so nice to have someone to talk to who knows all about this stuff. :)

Quoting BrennaLyons:

Brenna

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Sep. 22, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Cool, what's it called and who's publishing it?

dandylynes
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Yay! Great news!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pasteeater
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 2:31 AM
That's great. Who is the publisher?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CTBmom
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Awesome!! Congrats to him =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN