Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Moms with Teens...hold 'em close...{EDIT}

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:33 AM
  • 17 Replies

i can't find anything on the girls' facebooks to back this up but i was just told that Moriah woke up today! (came out of the coma)

had a football game in a city close by and 4 of our girls (ages 15-17) were involved in a 4 car accident...one (Rayshell Hunter) didn't make it, Moriah (passenger) is in OKC in a coma, Faithlynn (passenger) is also in OKC with a broken leg but pretty out of it and Chelsi (driver) is in OKC too (initially i thought she was here), fine and and looks to be in great spirits...hold yours close and please pray for our girls...Rayshell's family to make it thru their loss, Moriah to wake up, Faithlynn to heal and get back to shootn hoops, and Chelsi for a speedy recovery..

Thank you....

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DarlaHood
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Oh I am so sorry for these girls, their families and friends, and the community.  Definitely will pray for Rayshell's family.  I simply cannot imagine dealing with such devastating news.  And For the other girls as well.  Not only physical healing, but emotional.  Their hearts will be broken, too. 

This happened to 3 girls in our city when my dd was a teen.  They were in an accident coming home from a soccer tournament and fell asleep.  None of them survived.  I remember how devastating it was.  My heart and my prayers go out to all.

graciefreesoul
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:28 AM

exactly...the 2 that are in OKC (Moriah and Faithlynn) are local and i've known them a couple years and my daughter knows them so i'm only partially affected but a wreck over here praying Moriah pulls thru and knowing while Faithlynn has physical pain and healing she has to be going thru tons more realizing how bad it was, how worse it could have been, and replaying the accident over and over, missing her friend (Rayshell), worried about Moriah, and wishing something else would have happened 'if only...' i can't even come close to imagining what Rayshell's family is going thru, what Cathy (Moriah's mom) and little sis are going thru, and pray i never have to find out...unfortunately this happens...i can remember the same or similar things happening when i was in school (these girls are 16 and 17 btw) and how unreal everything seemed afterward and ofc how nothing was the same...my girl is 13 and while He has control of everything and you/we can't stop the inevitable, i keep thinking of how i can try...i mentioned it was a 4 car accident so there were ofc others involved (2 other teens in the other 2 cars and an elderly person in the 3rd) and came out almost unharmed thank God but i wish these kinds of things never happened...

Quoting DarlaHood:

Oh I am so sorry for these girls, their families and friends, and the community.  Definitely will pray for Rayshell's family.  I simply cannot imagine dealing with such devastating news.  And For the other girls as well.  Not only physical healing, but emotional.  Their hearts will be broken, too. 

This happened to 3 girls in our city when my dd was a teen.  They were in an accident coming home from a soccer tournament and fell asleep.  None of them survived.  I remember how devastating it was.  My heart and my prayers go out to all.

graciefreesoul
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:29 AM

and thanks for your thoughts, words, and prayers...

Quoting DarlaHood:

DarlaHood
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:43 AM

I am right there with you wishing these things would not have to happen.  I can't hug my dd's right now because one is away at college, and the other is married and lives across town.  But I spoke to both of them today, and they know that I love them, that I care deeply about them, and that I am always her for them.  It gives me some comfort that they know that. But at times like this it does make me acutely aware of the fragility of life, and I just pray they continue to be safe.  You are right to advise other moms to hold their kids close.  Out of respect for these mothers who are dealing with tragic news tonight, we should take a moment to pray, and to remind ourselves how truly blessed we are to have our children alive and well today. 

Quoting graciefreesoul:

and thanks for your thoughts, words, and prayers...

Quoting DarlaHood:

graciefreesoul
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:54 AM

learning to seek, recognize, and be very thankful for all of my blessings everyday...especially the one that tries to be a brat on a daily basis, sleeping in the next room :)

more prayers going up tonight and prayerfully, there will be great news about Moriah soon and how Faithlynn and Chelsi are holding up and when they'll be coming home...

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs and good thoughts to all involved. It is so sad when things like this happen.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

What sad news.  Sending prayers to all families involved.  You are right we all need to hold our kids a little tighter today.

BrennaLyons
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, candles lit for you and yours. My deepest condolences for your loss. Hope the other three recover well.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Prayer said for all involved.

When I was in h.s, we had only 1 yr out of 4 when the yearbook did not have an "In memory of" page- all were victims of traffic accidents. So sad.

Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Very sad news. Prayers to them and their families.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN