Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

reaching out to the ex-friends

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:01 PM
  • 19 Replies

wish me luck!

My daughter changed her whole group of friends this past december.  The break up wasnt horrible, but as any break up it wasnt great.  However, I am reaching out to the two girls she left and asking them if they want to add a note in the graduation album Im making for my daughter.  Hope I get a good response.

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:04 PM

If they aren't friends any more you DD might see this as you interfering.

madipayt
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:09 PM
No offense but why would you think they'd want to if they arent friends with your daughter? Is your daughter ok with this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Once my dd broke off friendships no way was I ever going to reach out to them for any reason. 

sahlady
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:25 PM

over the summer my daughter spent a week with one of the girls on a school trip that they had purchased prior to the break up.  She said they were polite and had a good time... but that they didnt get back together.  They have known each other since kindergarten.  I doubt my duaghter will care... I just hope they can be mature about the request.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

If they aren't friends any more you DD might see this as you interfering.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:27 PM

They arent "friends" but they certainly are not enemies.  They spent YEARS together... all Im asking is if they want to write a little note.  I know my daughter sent the other girl a birthday card even though they were not "friends".

My daughter doesnt know... the album is a graduation gift. 

Quoting madipayt:

No offense but why would you think they'd want to if they arent friends with your daughter? Is your daughter ok with this?

sahlady
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:28 PM

These girls are not bad girls... and the break up wasnt horrific. I wouldnt have done this if the break up was over some huge injustice or if the girls hated each other.

Quoting atlmom2:

Once my dd broke off friendships no way was I ever going to reach out to them for any reason. 

bizzeemom2717
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck, hopefully by senior year the girls will have a mature response whether or not they decide to sign it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahlady
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I have high hopes.  I know the one girl she was closest too will probably be accommodating.  Her mother is wonderful and would support this.  The other girl is sweet, I would be surprised if she too didnt go along with the request.

And to be honest... I have to scan them in, in order to put them in the book so if they are not appropriate I simply will not include them.  but I would be shocked if they wrote anything rude.

Im going to use shutterfly.

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Good luck, hopefully by senior year the girls will have a mature response whether or not they decide to sign it.

atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:59 AM

What is funny is 1 to 2 years after HS my oldest barely sees one girl from her class.  No other friends she has any contact with whatsoever.  She had tons of "friends" in HS too. 

Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)