Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

My 17 year old ds needs professional help...

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:45 PM
  • 8 Replies
And I don't know where to start. I think he has depression because the things he was saying to me are not the normal teen things.
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
annie2244
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:59 PM

like what?

dmrstrs
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Like he's done with life. He doesn't want go to school, he just can't do it anymore, and some other things. Right now I have the door to my bedroom open so I can hear if he gets up or anything. Don't want to fall asleep. My 8yo dd is crying because she's scared and doesn't like what he's saying, my 12yo dd is keeping to herself and dh won't be home tonight. I'm trying to keep it together for all of them.
wodntulk2kno1
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:18 PM
If you feel he is going to harm himself, then you need to get him professional help like now.
Take him to the e.r, they have people who will talk to him and help him. They will then figure out what the best course of action is.
You are his mom and you know his moods better then anyone else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Yes, he needs help.     You can take him to the ER....they will likely keep him for a psych evaluation.    If you are not doing that, maybe you can keep him in with you tonight?   Maybe watch comedies and eat snacks....kinda like a slumber party.   It may lift his spirits, and give you peace of mind until you can get him to a professional.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:01 AM

You can call the er or anohter hospital and they can refer you to a help line that can guide you through what to do,

tyfry7496
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:24 PM
If you think he's a danger to himself then take him to the ER. Otherwise contact his school counselor and then his doctor for a referral to a mental health professional. DO NOT WAIT.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeriAZ
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:31 PM
If he is making threats to harm himself u need to take him to the ER. Once he makes threats he looses all rights abt seeking help or not. Im an EMT and thats the law and protocol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:18 AM
Take your ds to the ER or call 911 they can give you the number for a crisis line
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)