Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

The Debate

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:17 AM
  • 32 Replies
Will you teen watch by his/her choice?

Because you told him/ her that they will?

Because a class requires it or gives extra credit?

Is your teen old enough to vote?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:22 AM
Hell no. Yes they both can vote.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
balagan_imma
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I doubt we will watch the debate.
We have a meeting tonight at the high school for my teen.
And he is not old enough to vote.

Msgme
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:24 AM

As far as I know they won't be watching.   They are only 15 and 13 and current topics in school do not have anything to do with current events.

Carmel63
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:33 AM
My 17 year old choose to watch the debates four years ago, and I expect she will choose to watch them again.

My 13 year old is a different story, but we will encourage him to watch.

Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Not sure if we'll watch the debate. I'm probably the only one that will vote in our house, and I already know who I'm voting for.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:53 AM
I think we will DVR it, if home work is done we will ask them to sit with us for a bit. I love to hear Thier take on things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:11 AM

My son is 19 and will be voting in the election so he plans on watching both our state gubanatorial debate which is tonight and the presidential afterwards.  My 17yo DD I'm not sure if she plans on watching but since it will be on she'll probably wander in and watch some of it.  She's not in any class that would offer extra credit this semester.

drfink
by Emily on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Yes they are planning to watch the debate.They both have very strong opinions on many of the issues so it will be lively here.

They had planned on watching before their school got involved.

Yesterday several teachers in different classes offered a one time homework pass or a minor grade (not a major test ,paper or project )bump of 5 points or less if a short review is written.They handed out a matrix .It is all the same and the same paper may be used in different classes.I wonder if all teachers were given the option to do this.

Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:09 PM

I forgot to add the info about my teen.

My son has world geography this year, not social studies. It's his one language immersion class this year, besides French grammar for immersion students. I'm not even sure how much the class discusses current events. So I'm guessing there will be no extra credit. I will ask him tonight though.

He will probably not watch it tonight because he has a hockey tryout session and homework, and that will probably take up most of his evening. I really doubt he'll have time to watch any TV at all tonight.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:42 PM

We probably won't watch the debates tonight. Our dd is old enough to vote, she graduated from HS this past June so she doesn't have any classes requiring her to watch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)