Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens
Will you teen watch by his/her choice?

Because you told him/ her that they will?

Because a class requires it or gives extra credit?

Is your teen old enough to vote?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Replies (21-30):
Ewa101
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:22 AM

My 16 year old listened to the debate while doing his homework, and we actually had a good discussion afterwards.  While the debate was on, the kids must have exchanged ideas (via text or Facebook), because he also gave me their take on the debate.

vtmommyof2bratz
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:04 AM

my daughter had to watch it for a class homework but we did not watch it and i would never force them to otherwise and no she is not old enough to vote yet she is only 17 will turn 18 shortly after the election though

jinxmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:08 AM

She probably won't watch b/c she gistered to vote and her mind has been made up since she was 15 lol

Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:25 AM

My son did not get extra credit it for it. He does not discuss current events in his geography class, but I guess they watch CNN current events for schools in his advisory class in the mornings.

Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Yes, I know. I've always lived in areas that have earlier times to prime time TV. When visiting family in the Eastern Time Zone, I really dislike the later start times. It's really nice to have the shows start earlier in the evening.

I didn't really watch the debate last night. Started to, and didn't hear anything new. So I decided reading my book was more interesting.

Quoting wakymom:

That's b/c you're Central Time : )  I'm in Eastern and it's just starting here (it's 9:09pm)

Quoting Barabell:

It starts at 8 pm here.

Quoting wakymom:

Ds1 is 13 and still finds that stuff boring. Bedtime is at 9 p.m, anyway. Dh will have it on, and if ds1 were to ask to watch, we'd let him stay up for a little bit and watch some of it.

mkfran
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Surprisingly my 17 y.o. was watching it. I was in my room on a conference call and had it playing in the background. When I went in the living room she had it on while doing her homework.  No she can't vote, won't be 18 until March.

MansfieldMama
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:43 AM

My 14yo watched much of it with us, and enjoyed it.  He is enjoys politics, and follows current events closely, so I love hearing his take on things.  :)

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:47 AM
We've lived on the eastern time zone for the past 6 years and I still miss the early start times from the central time zone.
As far as the debate I was do looking forward to it and ended up falling asleep after our state governor debate. Missed the whole presidential debate. DH watched it though.

Quoting Barabell:

Yes, I know. I've always lived in areas that have earlier times to prime time TV. When visiting family in the Eastern Time Zone, I really dislike the later start times. It's really nice to have the shows start earlier in the evening.

I didn't really watch the debate last night. Started to, and didn't hear anything new. So I decided reading my book was more interesting.

Quoting wakymom:

That's b/c you're Central Time : )  I'm in Eastern and it's just starting here (it's 9:09pm)

Quoting Barabell:

It starts at 8 pm here.

Quoting wakymom:

Ds1 is 13 and still finds that stuff boring. Bedtime is at 9 p.m, anyway. Dh will have it on, and if ds1 were to ask to watch, we'd let him stay up for a little bit and watch some of it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:21 AM

My kids didn't watch, but I did.  And no they aren't old enough to vote.

lucsch
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:28 AM

I do have a teen at college old enough to vote.

My teen here at home won't be 18 until January, but he watched the debate for extra credit for his government class.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN