Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

do your teens have a bed time?

Posted by   + Show Post

How old and what is the bed time?

Is it strictly enforced or a guide line?

Is it different on the weekdays from the weekends?

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Replies (61-70):
motheroffour186
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Yes i do 9:30 on the weekdays and 10:30 on weekends till high school

Quoting Barabell:

My son is 13. Weeknight bedtime is 9:30, weekends usually around 10.

Weeknights, it's enforced most of the time. Weekends, not enforced too often, usually only if he has a busy day coming up.

Yes.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Christy78
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Yes she is 14 and  she is in bed by 9 and lights out at 10  on weekends  in bed by 10 and lights out 11:00.

baseballmom5416
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:42 PM

my son is 17 and he goes to bed about midnight.my daughter is 14 and she goes to bed about the same time.and they both get up for me every morning for school with out giving me any promblems..my son gets up on his own.but i still have to get my daughter up.

bammbamm71
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:47 PM

My DD doesn't have a bed time.  She is homeschool.  When she was in public school, she was in bed by 10 pm.  Due to the fact she had to get up so early to go to school.  She gets all the sleep that she needs and gets her school work done. 

Mamabear436
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Well Cerfew is still 10PM lights out by 11pm on school nights

Sat.& Sun  in by 10 lights out 12am  Fri is start of the  weekend, so Sat & Sun apply.

So when I say still my sons are adults now . but they have to set a good example for their lil sister.

being that they are grown I make them call if they are going to be out after 10pm. I know it sound like Mom is trying to run their lives but it is my house and they still live here.

so I hope this helps you.

Hugs, Mamabear436
girlshroom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:41 AM

My daughter is in 8th grade, and will be 13 in a few months and bedtime is generally 10pm on the weekdays but there is a 1/2 hour wiggle-room sometimes. Weekends there is no limit, and she usually stays up as long as she can. :)

handy0318
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:31 AM

We homeschool, but still have bedtime at 10:30 on weeknights.  However, my 15 y/o daughter will usually sit up and read for a while.  My son, very soon to be 13, generally is asleep the moment his head hits the pillow. No bedtimes on weekends, holidays or vacations though.

kthomasson
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:37 AM

8:30 for the one in middle school and 9ish for the ones in high school.....they get up at 5 (geez- girls!) to get ready for school so they go to bed that early so they get their required 8 hours of sleep. 

Their friends think it's weird but my kids do great academically and let me tell you on the weekends they like to sleep later to make up for it!

zacmacsmomm
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:14 AM

No, not really.  Mine are 19 and 13.  I usually suggest to my 13 year old to be in bed around 9 or 10, but I'm usually asleep before her lol.  My kids have always been pretty good about going to bed at a decent hour on school nights.

mommyneedssleep
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Mine is 16.... No set bed time, she just knows when the alarm goes off she better get up!!!! Same on the weekends go to bed whenever but be prepared to get up when I decide to wake you lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)