Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

I caught him masterbating...

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:45 PM
  • 19 Replies
The other night I sent my son to bed. He's 15. I figured he was asleep because it was an hour after his bed time of 10:00. I was up late doing laundry. I folded it and went to put it in his room and he was laying in bed messing with his cell phone and looking at a magazine. He was playing with himself!
He said the door was shut to keep his 2 year old sister out.
So I laid the clothes on the bed and pretended that I didn't see him.
But, he knew that I did because he hollered my name. So there we were at 11:30 talking about sex for quite some time. (He knows about the birds and the bees).

I told him if he wanted magazines, vaseline or anything that I would help him get it. I told him that if he needs to do that then make sure the laundry hits the washer so that I don't have to touch it.

Is that wrong of me?
Does it seem like I'm encouraging him to please himself?
Is he too young?

Please help me!
Live, Laugh, Love :-}
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

It is natural.....and he doesn't need any help.  LoL.    He is certainly not too young, in fact, he has been doing it for years, most likely.       Our oldest would suddenly decide to take a shower at 11 pm..or later.  A looong, hot shower.    I was getting worried, as he usually took 10 minute showers in the morning.   Than my DH filled me in on what he was probably doing.   I never said a word. 

benandarasmom
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:53 PM
He started taking looooong showers about a year ago...
sahlady
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:20 PM
2 moms liked this
Well played. I'm sure you were both embarrassed, but it happened and you dealt with it honestly and openly. Reflects a good relationship you have with him. Ya did fine mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annie2244
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:10 PM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't have said anything to him about it. I'm sure he was mortified to think you knew, and talking about it just magnifies the embarrassment. I'm not buying him vaseline or anything else to facilitate it, nor am I giving a message that it's shameful. And I'll start knocking first and wait to be told to enter.

bizzeemom2717
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Sounds like you need to knock on the door and he is at the age where you need to respect his privacy. Offering him magazines and vaseline seems over the top to me and creepy, but I have seen so many stupid troll posts on this topic, I never know if people are for real....

Mousuke
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:43 AM

I think that encouraging masturbation is a healthy and positive thing. Too often it is treated as something to be ashamed of.

I am glad you are supportive of him.

Knock and ask if you can enter his room from now on.

benandarasmom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:34 AM
Thanks for the support ladies! :)
I'm definitely not a troll. My son & I are very open with one another. I'd rather he not be sexually active just yet though!
lovinmysailor98
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:41 AM
I've caught my 13yo ds a few times cause he leaves his bedroom door open at night. The first two times I just ignored it and shut his door quietly, the 3rd time I told him next time he needs to shut the door and he can open it up before falling asleep. The 4th time...I had dh talk to him. I haven't caught him since.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsBLB
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:14 PM

It's normal.  He doesn't need any help.  It's good that y'all communicate.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Boys are going to do it no matter what you do.  As far as the magazines, I think that it gives guys the wrong impression of women.  They don't REALLY look like those girls.  Perhaps lay off of that, but I understand completely.  At 15, my son was doing his own laundry so I don't worry about it.  Besides I encouraged it in the shower.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN