Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Your help is appreciated with something fun for once

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:56 AM
  • 16 Replies

My husband and I are throwing my daughter a Sweet Sixteen.  This wont be a "Super" Sweet Sixteen however it will be a nice party as we have a large family and she has many friends.

We are looking for a theme for the party and don't want your usual "Beach, Hollywood, Masquerade, Victorias Secret themes.  We are trying to come up with something that will be classy and not lock us into one type of decor.

So far her favorite idea is "Sunset in Paradise" but she is still not 100% on this.

I know this may seem silly to alot of you but you should know my daughter has HUGE self esteem issues( and for no reason whatsoever!!!). It took her a year to decide on whether she wanted a party with fear that no one would show up.  Well, she decided on having a party and My husband and I want to make it awesome experience for her.   Can you help????   Any and all ideas would be sooooooooo appreciated!!!!!

Love to all!

butterfly

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gmgej
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:23 AM

How about skip the theme and just have a party? For my sons 16th we had a huge party planned at a beach club, with a dj, and tons of fun. Well a hurricane swept in and knocked all electricity out, and flooded the beach club. It ended up at our house, still with no electricity, a generator running, but still the kids had a blast, with a pool, trampoline, and some volleyball.

MrsBLB
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I'm blank..  let me think on it.

MrsBLB
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I'm glad it turned out well  :)

Quoting Gmgej:

How about skip the theme and just have a party? For my sons 16th we had a huge party planned at a beach club, with a dj, and tons of fun. Well a hurricane swept in and knocked all electricity out, and flooded the beach club. It ended up at our house, still with no electricity, a generator running, but still the kids had a blast, with a pool, trampoline, and some volleyball.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM

My daughter is doing a color party.  With glow sticks, led balloons and some powdered paint (we are supplying white tshirts for it).  Got the idea from the color run.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Quoting fantasticfour:

My daughter is doing a color party.  With glow sticks, led balloons and some powdered paint (we are supplying white tshirts for it).  Got the idea from the color run.

That sounds fun!~ I would love to do the color run some day.

Our high school some times has highlighter dances. Same sort of thing~ white t's highlighters, glow stick jewelry and black lights. Rave sort of atmosphere without the bad stuff.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:20 PM

fun! with a black light and you could have the kids dress in neon colors that would show well.

Quoting fantasticfour:

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Quoting mumsy2three:

Quoting fantasticfour:

That sounds fun!~ I would love to do the color run some day.

Our high school some times has highlighter dances. Same sort of thing~ white t's highlighters, glow stick jewelry and black lights. Rave sort of atmosphere without the bad stuff.

And of course you can do "cocktails" and stuff that are neon.  They are awesome.  I am wanting to open an underage club in my area but by the time I get up anything to do it I'm going to either be so old it won't be good or I will have won the lottery.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I have also seen bat mitzvahs where the guests are requested in either black or white and only the birthday girl is in the bright pink (or favorite color) dress.

bizzeemom2717
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Quoting Gmgej:

I like that idea, don't stress on a theme, just have a blast planning a fun party. Good luck! :)

brmhylda
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Thank you, everyone, for all your awesome ideas! Now I just need to choose one 😉
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN