Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TP? (PIOG)

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:56 AM
  • 38 Replies

Ah, the "joys"of Homecoming.  Woke up this morning to find our trees, bushes and garden full of toilet paper.  Oh joy. 

I never did that when I was a kid, though our house was TP'd (thanks to my brother).  However, they really just stood in the road and threw it into the nearest trees.  That was how it was here last year as well.

This year they actually came far into our (large) yard and wrapped it around the bushes right up by our house - not feeling too comfortable about that.

My dog just went outside and was 'tracking' the new scents and now has been standing in the middle of the yard barking and barking - apparently trying to re-establish control of his yard?  LOL  He's also afraid of the TP when it blows in the wind, LOL.

So - did any of you TP when you were kids?  Did your house get TP'd this year?

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I love when the kids TP. it is such a big deal to them. I love how it just brings out the sense of belonging. I didn't as a child. Our house got TP'd for years. They came right up and wrapped up our front door,and stair railings. It's kind of a pain to clean up.

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Our house has never gotten it, but Im guilty lol of doing it when I was a teen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:22 AM
I hate it. Very annoying. Neighbor and I let it be known we would call the cops. Here you do it to kids you hate . It is not endearing. Never did it either. My parents would have grounded me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:35 AM
We've never been TP'd nor did I ever do it as a teen. A couple years ago when my dad got remarried a few of my siblings TP'd his house after the wedding. My teens were the ones to clean up the mess. Because if that they swore they would never do it to anyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
02nana07
by Ida on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I did it but never had it done since we had no trees then and haven't had it done as an adult but with the price of tp I wish they would LOL

sahlady
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:55 AM

all in good fun.  yes I did, yes my kids have, yes we have been tp'd

there are times however, when I have seen it go over board and or malicious.... but those were few and far between.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Never did it and have never had it done to our house. It's not a popular thing to do around here.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I did it once or twice as a tween. We had our house tp'ed last yr. by some middle schoolers. I laughed and called them amateurs b/c all they basically did was toss about 8 rolls of Charmin straight up onto the roof of the front porch and onto the camper- and left the packaging behind : ) 

drfink
by Emily on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Yup ,I did ,my kids have and we have been tp'd.

Not this year so far but LAX tournament play hasn't started yet.

Also my soph is the director /stage manager for the JV fall theater production and his brother has second male lead so it will come then also.

It is just teen fun.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I did once when I was at a sleepover.  When they went back out to do it again I refused to go because I didn't want to get caught.  They did get caught by their mom.  I pretended to be asleep but I didn't fool her.  She called all the parents and then told my mom what an angel I was for not doing it.  The other girls tried to rat me out but their mom wasn't hearing it because she caught them and not me lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)