Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Stressss

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:19 PM
  • 9 Replies
My ds who will be 16 in a week just went to a party with another teen driving. This is a first for me. My oldest ds was more of a homebody. I know where he is, I know the party is supervised, but I am freaking out and stress cleaning like crazy. Tell me it will be ok.......lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
drfink
by Emily on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:49 PM

The very first time my oldest son drove at night alone was to Homecoming dance.I was soooooooo nervous I got in my suburban followed him at a distance.He picked up his date and then to the school.His dad ,my husband ,sat in the front seat laughing at me the entire way.I managed to refrain from going up after the dance.My oldest still doesn't know and he is 28.It's ok to laugh at me ,it is still a running joke for my husband when I get over worried.

He is doing great ,as is my daughter....I did manage not to follow her the first time she drove at night.My next one starts driving in Jan.

Hang in there ...you will survive and he will be fine 

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:16 PM

It will be okay, and if not then you will lock him in his room and never deal with that stress again...lol

Not really, but I am sure it will be fine!

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:06 AM

You're going to be fine, you son will be fine!  Mine hasn't drove anywhere or drove with a friend yet so I know I am going to be having a post here shortly about the same thing and you can tell me I stressed out for nothing!

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:24 AM
It's tough the first time. Thank goodness for cell texting, you can at least have peace of mind knowing he got there safely. Hang in there, it does get easier. To this day though, almost 4 years later I still feel better if I know my ds is the one driving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momw2teens522
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM

I am sure it will go well.I can feel for you tho, because before long our son will be 16 and driving hopefullly.Tho his friend will be gettting license 1st. because he got on the ball and  has started to practice driving.!!

DarlaHood
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:50 AM

It's tough at first, but hopefully he will prove responsible and it will get easier.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:51 AM

agree~

Quoting DarlaHood:

It's tough at first, but hopefully he will prove responsible and it will get easier.

atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Lighten up. My dd's started in 8th grade. They are in college now and good girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suesues
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:01 AM

just wait till she is driving that is real stress

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)