Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Caught my son cutting class

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello there new here and I need some advice. First of all I'm a single mom of 3 boys one of whom is a teenager, I found out last week that my son has cut class and left off of school grounds with another group of young men, and when I asked him about it he lied to me several times. How can I trust him again? FYI he is grounded for a month.angry

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:02 AM
Replies (11-14):
motherof3js
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Thanks so much you guys.... He does not understand how important his education is to his future and mine, because how ever you raise your child the outcome will effect your life. I think that because at the end of last school year I let him stay home some extra days that he feels that it is ok now but no sir buddy that was a different situation different reason( he had his last open heart surgery in March of this year and I kept him home a week longer then the doctor advised.) But he's fine now and it's back to the school grind.

21lisa72
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Take away everything and treat him like a young child
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Diamondblue1
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:50 AM
Quoting PurpleHazey:

At my daughter's school three tardies equals an absent and they do the truancy thing here it sucks when you try to get ur kids to school then they have the nerve to cut class and you're responsible it's not fair you can't watch ur kid 24 hours of day
gardensparrow
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

What a frustrating situation! Especially if your son won't even fess up to what he's been doing. :( But, I think you're on the right track by setting consequences and sticking to them. The other suggestions about sitting down and talking him about why this behavior is harmful to his future seems to also be a great idea. Another thought I had was to consider talking to your son's teachers or school counselor and see if they have any thoughts on why your son might be behaving this way. Sometimes teachers can notice things that parents don't often have the opportunity to observe. Maybe also find a way to get your son involved in some activities that will give him a chance to make friends who are a better influence on him? Just a thought. Well, I'll be praying that you'll figure out the best way to handle this and that your son will start making better choices! Hang in there...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)