Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Teen who won't socialize outside of school

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter, who will be 16 years old in November, does not contact any of her friends outside of school. I worry that she will become a recluse and have no friends. The kids at school seem to like her and always say hi to her when they see her. However, no one ever calls her to do anything. Nor does she call anyone else to do anything.

How do I help her to develop friendships outside of school without me arranging "playdates" for her? Or do I just leave it alone and let her figure it out?

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Replies (51-54):
marthamom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:37 PM

This is good to know.

Quoting Infinite1221:

I was just like your teen when I was a teen.  I preferred to stay at home and blog or read books than go out with friends.  I loved seeing my friends at school and sometimes I'd go out, but mostly I loved my alone time. :)

marthamom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you so much everyone for your considerate replies. It is really nice to know that there are people with such great ideas and similar concerns.

Crazy-Steph
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:22 PM
It's kind of nice to know we're not alone, huh?

Quoting marthamom:

Thank you so much everyone for your considerate replies. It is really nice to know that there are people with such great ideas and similar concerns.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marthamom
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Yeah, it is. Makes me feel less anxious about things.

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

It's kind of nice to know we're not alone, huh?

Quoting marthamom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)