Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Help...pulling my hair out!

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:09 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hi all! I am new to this teenage mom thing. I am the step-mom of a 13 year old bo and a 14 year old girl. 

They have both had to deal with a lot and their mom's side of the family was a huge part of that crap. They now live with us about 800 miles away. They have been with us almost two years and have come along way in that time. 

When they got here they wer just plain rude and got away with everything. They of course still have thier days. No one changes over night and lets face it they are moody teenagers. 

Here is where I need help. Our 14 year old girl is saying when are wanting perfection and we are to hard on her. I feel like it is a cop out for her. She has it very easy as far as home life that is. She is expceted to physically check in every three hours and keep us posted where she is and if she leasves let us know. 

Chores are really only done on weekends and it is there room and landuary. Getting them to do much else is like pulling teeth. We have done rewards, charts, etc. 

Well today we got a call from the school. she was caught smoking. This is not the first time. How would you handle it? And just any parenting advise you think may help. 

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:58 PM

If you have set up clear boundaries and she knows this is wrong and not acceptable in your household, my 14 y/o DD would be punished. Her priviliges like cell and social life (those would impact her the most) would be removed. We would also sit down and discuss again WHY this is so very wrong and how much more serious the consequences would be next time. Good luck.

MrsBLB
by Missi on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:06 PM

This

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

If you have set up clear boundaries and she knows this is wrong and not acceptable in your household, my 14 y/o DD would be punished. Her priviliges like cell and social life (those would impact her the most) would be removed. We would also sit down and discuss again WHY this is so very wrong and how much more serious the consequences would be next time. Good luck.

MrsBLB
by Missi on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Welcome to the group   :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)