Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Update on DD's roommate

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:40 PM
  • 17 Replies

So, this is an update from my dd with the roommate that never did friend her on facebook before school.  Well we were all right on the money.  She is awkward, doesn't talk much except to her boyfriend who is one floor above.  Blamed my dd for her not having friends or being social to the RA.  What the hell.  My dd is not her social supervisor?  They agreed no overnight boyfriend guests unless agreed upon.  Of course her boyfriend spent the night numerous times without her asking my dd so my dd went to the RA about it.  She still does it but not as much.  She was mad my dd took her mattress and had a "slumber party" in someone elses room.  Also one night when the roommates boyfriend was staying over some of her friends suggested she sleep in their room so she took her mattress in there.  DD tries.  My dd really tries to get along with everyone.  She was the one who would get the friendliest student award or nicest student many times at school.  The girl just wants to be with her boyfriend and no one else.  The RA suggested she invite her to some things so even though it isn't my dd's responsiblity she said she would but 99% of the time she is with her boyfriend so dd can't do it or she isn't in the room.  My dd said they are having more normal conversations lately but my dd (who is shy too) has to initiate every conversation.  DD says 1/2 their floor doesn't know her roommates name even.  They just say "oh you have the roommate with the boyfriend that doesn't speak to anyone" and dd says Yep, That's me.  Oh, and the roommate and her boyfriend bicker and fight all the time too which annoys my dd.  You know, take it elsewhere.  My dd still tolerates it and doesn't complain except to us.  Thank goodness this girl isn't roommates with my oldest because she doesn't put up with crap.  She is lucky she has my nice tolerate dd to room with. 

My dd just wishes things were not so awkward and until this girl lightens up some, quits having her boyfriend sleep over, and starts talking some, things will continue. 

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cege
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Next year when they can pick their own roommates it will be so much better, won't it?  It's hard to live in a really small space with somebody even in the best of circumstances like having similar interests, etc.  Your daughter's roommate is extremely lucky that your daughter is tolerant concerning the overnight boyfriend visits.  I know that my daughter would be miffed at having to find someplace else to sleep.  When my daughter was complaining about her two messy roommates one thing I said to her was that it could be worse, she was lucky neither were bringing boys there for overnight visits.  If the roommate's bf lives on the floor above he should be going back to his own room at night in my opinion.

atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:37 PM
Sometimes dd sleeps there too and so does he. He will be there and dd will say "I am going to bed". She will say "ok, WE are too" and he will stay the night. Dd just falls asleep.

Quoting cege:

Next year when they can pick their own roommates it will be so much better, won't it?  It's hard to live in a really small space with somebody even in the best of circumstances like having similar interests, etc.  Your daughter's roommate is extremely lucky that your daughter is tolerant concerning the overnight boyfriend visits.  I know that my daughter would be miffed at having to find someplace else to sleep.  When my daughter was complaining about her two messy roommates one thing I said to her was that it could be worse, she was lucky neither were bringing boys there for overnight visits.  If the roommate's bf lives on the floor above he should be going back to his own room at night in my opinion.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Oh, the boyfriend's roommate brings back different girls and kicks him out so it is a domino effect and my dd loses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Isn't there some way she can trade rooms with someone?

PurpleHazey
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

Oh, the boyfriend's roommate brings back different girls and kicks him out so it is a domino effect and my dd loses.

I feel bad for your daughter!

atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:08 PM
Lol, no. No one would want to be the other girls roommate.

Quoting PurpleHazey:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting PurpleHazey:

I know some people like that, when my sister was at Farris State 20 years ago she had the room mate from H*LL, she ended up go to a small community college the next year.

atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Dd also knows IF she changes she could get a way worse psycho roommate.

Quoting PurpleHazey:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting PurpleHazey:

I know some people like that, when my sister was at Farris State 20 years ago she had the room mate from H*LL, she ended up go to a small community college the next year.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:45 PM
I don't think he roommate has friends. My dd brought 2 collages of pictures, mostly friends and a few of her and her boyfriend, no family. Her roommate has more pics than my dd, half family and half boyfriend. Her roommate never talks of friends. My dd skypes all the time with her hs friends. Her roommate, never.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

Ughhh...geez I thought my DS had an annoying roomate last year, yikes! Hopefully thinngs will get better, this girl really does sound socially awkawrd. How does your DD seem to be adjusting to everything else college wise? Is she enjoying her classes and other aspects of college life? It really will be better next year, my DS is rooming with all friends of his choice this year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN