Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

OMG Teenagers are NEVER happy

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:50 PM
  • 6 Replies

3 Bedrooms upstairs.  One was ours, the larger of the two rooms is the boy (16) and the smaller was the girls (14 and 12).  It used to be the other way around but they decided to change rooms.  So now, I moved to the basement and we gave our bedroom to the youngest.  Why?  Because she's been a model student and daughter for about a year now.  The middle child, Z, is just beside herself because her brother won't switch rooms with her.  She is livid and crying her eyes out for 2 days now!  Why?  Because she HATES her room.  Temper tamtrums galore!  I mean come on!  She wanted that room not 6 months ago!  Her sister is finally out of it and she is pitching fits because it's too small for her.  What?  You have twice as much room now!

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Ehhhh tell her to suck it up buttercup!

greenmommo
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Sounds about right. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenniferSq
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Not fun. I am going through something similar with my 15 year old ds. No fun. Hopefully she will get over it soon. Boy teens sure have a was of dampening the mood in the house sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:34 PM

LoL......it sounds par for the course for her lately.   You couldn't make her happy if you topped her own room with chocolate and a cherry!     Take her door...that will make the room look bigger!

02nana07
by Ida on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:59 PM

It might be she just doesn't want a room of her own if they have always shared

FindersKeepers
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:16 PM

If she is not happy with the room provided to her, rent free.... Offer to take it away!   Put a blow up mattress and a sleeping bag in one of the common rooms and let her decide if she likes her room better after a few days. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN