Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Poll

Question: If you were walking a dog after dark in your neighborhood, what would you do?

Options:

Bring a flashlight from now on

Do what I do, live with the guilt

do what I do, without the guilt

keep searching till dawn

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 26

View Results

So now that it is fall, it is dark when I take the dog for an after dinner walk. When she poops, I can't always locate her poop in the dark, so ... I FAKE like I did pick it up and walk away. I know this is not admirable. But in my defense, I DO make an effort:

I keep my eyes on the spot of grass where she is pooping,

I bend down once she's stepped away and finished with her wierd little primal back legs effort to cover the spot up with grass and leaves, and I peer for about 10 seconds in the dark trying to locate the poop, then

I search about for another 10 seconds with my baggied hand trying to feel for the poop, and

then, sadly, I give up, but I fake like I really have located her poop, as I scoop up a little grass and leaves and twistie the plastic bag shut and walk away like I am a proper civic minded neighbor, but actually am a moderately guilt ridden little FAKER!

What would you do?

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Replies (21-22):
MrsBLB
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:13 PM

That's a great idea   :)

Quoting DarlaHood:

I have my Shepherd mix carry a doggy backpack with bags and supplies in it.  I carry a big maglight because it could also double as a way to break up a dog fight if some dog were to come charging my dog. If I have to bag up poop, my dog carries it to the next opportunity to dispose of it, and I don't have to.  But usually, I feed them on a set schedule, go out with them about half an hour after eating, and let them play until they poop.  Then we go on our way.  Less poop when you're out.

DarlaHood
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Thanks.  She likes having a job anyway, since she's a working breed.  When we go hiking or to the beach, she always carries all the dog supplies - collapsable water bowl, water bottles, treats, poop bags, and even leashes when I take them off.  The water especially takes a lot of weight out of my pack.  It works great. 

Quoting MrsBLB:

That's a great idea   :)

Quoting DarlaHood:

I have my Shepherd mix carry a doggy backpack with bags and supplies in it.  I carry a big maglight because it could also double as a way to break up a dog fight if some dog were to come charging my dog. If I have to bag up poop, my dog carries it to the next opportunity to dispose of it, and I don't have to.  But usually, I feed them on a set schedule, go out with them about half an hour after eating, and let them play until they poop.  Then we go on our way.  Less poop when you're out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN