Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

amanda todd.suicide and bullying

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:03 AM
  • 44 Replies
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/10/11/amanda-todd-suicide-bullying_n_1959909.html
Have you read about this? My heart goes out to her family...to all those that are victims of suicide. How do we stop these things from happening? What do you/have you done with your family?
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jinxmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:16 AM

So sad and tragic. 

insanemomof4
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:48 AM
I hadnt heard about her until just now reading your post. That is just terrible how young people think that theres no other way out. So they take their own life i think bullying is wrong and its up to us parents to teach our kids better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommybug77
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:55 AM
I read it and lots of it was nothing but stupidity on her part. She is doing nude things on webcam. She is having what we are led to believe is sex with a guy she knows has a boyfriend. This was a person with issues all her own once the bullying is stripped away.
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:02 AM
True

Quoting insanemomof4:

I hadnt heard about her until just now reading your post. That is just terrible how young people think that theres no other way out. So they take their own life i think bullying is wrong and its up to us parents to teach our kids better.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Yep, you can't help those that don't help themselves. Dumb teen.

Quoting mommybug77:

I read it and lots of it was nothing but stupidity on her part. She is doing nude things on webcam. She is having what we are led to believe is sex with a guy she knows has a boyfriend. This was a person with issues all her own once the bullying is stripped away.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommybug77
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Quoting atlmom2:

most teens can't see past the nose on their face. I am not condoning the bullying at all. I just think she did a lot of really dumb things then was surprised when it blew up in her face.
atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM
So glad my girls were not dumb and stupid.

Quoting mommybug77:

Quoting atlmom2:

most teens can't see past the nose on their face. I am not condoning the bullying at all. I just think she did a lot of really dumb things then was surprised when it blew up in her face.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommybug77
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Quoting atlmom2:

mine has had her stupid moments. We just try to drill into her and all if them about their own self worth. We also talk about how you can't get back what you text, email, send into the cyber world.
MrsBLB
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM

That is tragic.  Very sad when they don't know where to turn.  Talking with your children and teaching at a very early age about bullying is so important.  Communication in imperative.  

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MrsBLB:

That is tragic.  Very sad when they don't know where to turn.  Talking with your children and teaching at a very early age about bullying is so important.  Communication in imperative.  

Yes!   Open communication is key.   My kids have had it drilled into them that they can always come to us with anything at all.....we love them more than anything and will always be here to help them through whatever.   I have always told them that when it seems like life can't get any worse....it can only get better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN