Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

dd's midterms

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM
  • 20 Replies
She has to keep a 3.0 for her scholarship. She had mid terms. Finite math was 84, sociology 90, philosophy 83, history, 75, geology 75, no business mid term. Not a good average. Granted she has some graded homework or quizzes that bring the grades up. She has rarely ever gotten a C on tests. She has to study more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
drfink
by Emily on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:35 PM

So a 80 from midterms .Is that a B or a C at her college.My grades as well as my older kids grades went up as the semester progressed.I think it was because we got a better read on what the prof and class needed to make the better grades.This maybe the case for her too.

She can do it .

Good Luck !!

atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:42 PM
80 is a B. I kinda think like you. You know more what to expect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
drfink
by Emily on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

Oh good ,then her grade will be a bit better adding in all the other stuff.Plus even for happy well adjusted kids it is still an adjustment to go away to college.Takes a bit to settle in ,get the flow going.,learning to ignore the endless distractions from studying . At least with my older two that is what happened and it worked out very well.

If she finishes her first semester with a good B school life is so much easier.No hole to dig up from.

She is a smart girl ,she is going to do fine.

atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:00 PM
She has to keep a 3.0 for her scholarship.

Quoting drfink:

Quoting atlmom2:

Oh good ,then her grade will be a bit better adding in all the other stuff.Plus even for happy well adjusted kids it is still an adjustment to go away to college.Takes a bit to settle in ,get the flow going.,learning to ignore the endless distractions from studying . At least with my older two that is what happened and it worked out very well.

If she finishes her first semester with a good B school life is so much easier.No hole to dig up from.

She is a smart girl ,she is going to do fine.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
drfink
by Emily on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:05 PM

I'll keep my fingers crossed for her...(and yall the owners of the tuition paying fingers crossedcheckbook )

atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Yep, its a huge check even with the scholarship.

Quoting drfink:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for her...(and yall the owners of the tuition paying fingers crossedcheckbook )

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
drfink
by Emily on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Feel your pain.Last night was college night and my teens went.My soph wants to attend our states number one state university and still does.He currently has the gpr and rank to make it in.That is what our oldest did also.My freshman came back with interest in almost all private or out of state colleges.He has even better grades so he also could go to our number one state university...but nooo LOL.Our daughter attended out of state but transferred (private ) so she could graduate in the same state she takes her boards in.

Hubby and I have decided to look at it as we will have lucked out if only two went out of state or private.We will keep repeating that to ourselves as we add those zeros to the checks we are writing now and in a few years. LOL

I also try to remember we are fortunate to be able to do this.Sometimes I forget .

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Wow midterms already?  School starts early for some, we aren't even done with the first quarter.

DarlaHood
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:11 AM

My dd isn't done with her first quarter either, but I just finished midterms.  That check is quite staggering.  We don't get any scholarship assistance at all. 

I use a flashcard ap for my ipad called flashcards + for tests.  It is great.  I make the flash cards from my book or notes and then I can go through them and each one lets you view from front or back and random or sequential order.  And you can rate each card based on how well you know it, so it will bring up the cards you don't know as well more often.

And I can view the cards on my iphone, so whenever I am sitting at the carwash, or have some downtime, I can study.

atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:09 AM
She started August 20th. Mid terms are early Oct, then fall break. Finals are Dec 10th to 14th. Then a month break.

Quoting fantasticfour:

Wow midterms already?  School starts early for some, we aren't even done with the first quarter.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)