Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

All Girls High School (??)

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter is in 7th grade and against all my wishes, punishments, and advice, she has had four boyfriends already in the last two years of middle school. She is not allowed to date, but I find out she does so anyways at school. Her grades are As, Bs and a C or 2, but I know she could pull all As if she tried, and I can tell that the boy thing is distracting for her.

I am considering sending her to an all girls Catholic school for high school. It is expensive and we will have to go without alot of things to afford it, but I think not having boys in school with her is just what she needs. Does anyone have experience with all girls education and if so,what do you think about it? Thanks!

by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Replies (11-14):
Keeely07
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Hmm at first I was like no way! But!! I've been there. I was the sweet little girl that was boy crazy! I actually begged my parents to go to te private school my best friend from church went to but they couldn't afford it. I think I would have done much better. I hated middle school because all the girls were mean to me. I got attention from the boys. But I could have done better with my school work. I mean I did do well t was when I got to high school that everything went down hill. I should have stayed involved in marching band. But I didn't. And got in a few bad relationships. The summer after I graduated I got pregnant.

I think my problem was I wasn't involved in enough activities. I spent all my time with my boyfriend. That's the advice if give you. More activities.

And btw, girls and boys are going to "like" each other. I wouldn't call it dating until they are actually going out to places. And the liking stuff is gonna happen regardless. Just make sure she is spending her time wisely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Oct. 18, 2012 at 1:10 AM
2 moms liked this

What do you mean she's had boyfriends?  My daughter is in middle school and her boyfriend was a purse!  Someone to show off to their friends as a "boyfriend" but they didn't even hold hands!  All they did was show each other off and hang out together.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Oct. 18, 2012 at 2:55 AM
If you are doing it just to keep her away from boys, no. If you are also doing for academic or college prep reasons then maybe only if you can afford it and it isn't a big sacrifice to your family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Oct. 18, 2012 at 2:59 AM
Also if you are not able to set boundaries regarding boys and behavior and your dd is unable to stay within said boundaries instead of investing money into an all girls school, I would invest in some family counseling ASAP. Learn some parenting strategies and communication techniques that will work. If she is this out if control as you say in middle school, what is going to happen when she's 16 has even more freedom, friends that drive, ect. You def don't want to be one of the moms on here posting about their dd being 16 and pregnant
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)