Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Received an interesting phone call last week

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:42 AM
  • 23 Replies
5 moms liked this
So, I was talking to a friend of mine last week, and my call waiting beeps in. I look at it, and it says "Los Angeles" ....I thought that's wierd, I don't know anyone from there. Then I remembered that I have some distant cousins in that area, so my next thought was something happened to someone in the family, so I told my friend that I would call her back. I answer that call and a woman says hi, my name is So-and-so, and I'm from The Voice, and I am calling about your son Connor (he's a singer). I found him on Reverbnation, I think he's extremely talented and very cute, and I would like to set up a private audition for him next month. I was floored and skeptical at the same time. She told me that she would email me with the details. I researched it online, and found out that the The Voice does sometimes contact people they find on Reverbnation, and offer them private auditions. I received the email, and it all looks legit. My son is beyond excited about the possibility of being on the show! His audition is Dec 8th!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leighp1
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely Fantastic!!!  My daughter wants to be on the Voice, but she just doesn't have the passion that some others do.  I hope it happens for him and let us know so we can keep an eye out for him!!  Totally AWESOME!!  Congrats!!!

CTBmom
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Thanks! I told my son not to look at the big picture ....to just take it step by step. First step, is to get past the talent producers! I will definitely post updates, if there ends up being anything to update =)

Quoting leighp1:

Absolutely Fantastic!!!  My daughter wants to be on the Voice, but she just doesn't have the passion that some others do.  I hope it happens for him and let us know so we can keep an eye out for him!!  Totally AWESOME!!  Congrats!!!

02nana07
by Ida on Nov. 6, 2012 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you contacted them to make sure it is legit before he gets his hopes up.  If it is legit then congrats and good luck.

CTBmom
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Thanks! And yes, as soon as I got the email, I called them.... It's legit =)

Quoting 02nana07:

Have you contacted them to make sure it is legit before he gets his hopes up.  If it is legit then congrats and good luck.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

So cool!    I love the Voice!    Good Luck to Connor!

WYmomof4
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow! How very cool and exciting. Thanks for posting :)

MrsBLB
by Missi on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:29 AM
2 moms liked this

That's awesome!  Good luck to your son!

Barabell
by Barbara on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Very, very cool!

I hope your son does well!!

drfink
by Emily on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

WOW ,that is great ! How cool.

Hope it goew wonderful for him....break a leg or ????? what ever you say to singers for good luck but not to jinx them  LOL

squeekers
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

good job, but keep an open mind and your skepticism until you know for sure it is legitimate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)