So, I should start off by saying that I am a 22 years old and have two beautiful daughters. Raelynn is 3 and Audriana is 2. I am not a mother of a teen but I am in need of some answers from mothers of teens. I am looking to better myself and mine and my daughters lives through receiving my education. I am a student at Illinois State University and am taking an adolescent psychology class. For this class I am required to write a paper relating to the class. One of the options for this paper is to ask parents of teens some questions and to see how their answers relate or do not relate to different topics we have discussed in the class. So please, if you are interested answer the following questions. I would greatly appreciate it!! Thank you all so much!
1. Do you live in rural, urban, or suburban area? How does living in such an area present challenges to you as a parent?
2. What types of disputes to you experience with your teens?
3. What coping mechanisms do you use with these disputes?
4.What are your feelings about your teens getting into steady, romantic relationships? What guidelines or rules will you (or have you) establish?
5. What are your feelings about your teens and part-time work?
6. What types of changes have your experienced as a result of parenting a teen?
7. What are your feelings about your teens friends? Do you have guidelines or expectations that you share with your teens about their friends?
8. Do you feel that your teens respect your decisions? Why or why not?
9. Do you feel that being a teen is more or less stressful than when you were teen?
10. What words of advice would you give to a person just starting to parent a teen?