Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Do/did you serve in the military?

by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 6:59 AM
Replies (11-20):
MrsBLB
by Missi on Nov. 11, 2012 at 2:31 PM

((hugs))  I'm sorry you went thru that...

Quoting fantasticfour:

No I didn't.  Not for lack of trying.  When I tried to get in, I was trying to get into the marines and they refused to accept me as a female at the time.  Yes I am aware that it was illegal but wasn't aware of it then.  BY the time I got somewhere that would take me I was all ready and failed the physical and couldn't enter.

MrsBLB
by Missi on Nov. 11, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I didn't.  My disability (MD) wouldn't allow it. 

gonecrazi
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 3:27 PM

no but DD does

SuperLooneyMom
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 5:14 PM
No.

Stepdad was army and grandpas were army.
My sister wanted to join up by going to West Point. Because of her disabilities they didn't accept her. But she continues with ROTC try school.

I did do ROTC so I know just a bit.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LoveLiz
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 5:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes and was in Desert Storm!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Nov. 11, 2012 at 5:55 PM

I did not. 

I have many members in my family who have; my grandfather (Navy), father (Army), uncle (Navy), cousin (Navy) and a BIL (Marines).

PurpleHazey
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Nope!

wakymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:56 PM

I have not. Dh did, though, as did my one nephew, one bil, one uncle, and my dad.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:57 PM

No.....I would have never made it through basic!   I would see a spider and FREAK OUT.       My Dad, My DH and my brother all served.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Looking back on it, I'm not sorry.  If I had joined the marines, I would more than likely have been in the pentagon when that plane hit it, I would never have met hubby and I wouldn't have the life I have today.  And I wouldn't change that life for anything :)

Quoting MrsBLB:

((hugs))  I'm sorry you went thru that...

Quoting fantasticfour:

No I didn't.  Not for lack of trying.  When I tried to get in, I was trying to get into the marines and they refused to accept me as a female at the time.  Yes I am aware that it was illegal but wasn't aware of it then.  BY the time I got somewhere that would take me I was all ready and failed the physical and couldn't enter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)