Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Too early!!

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:18 AM
  • 19 Replies

I am not a morning person!!!  I'm up to take my daughter to school.  It's muffins with mom.  Did I mention I don't like muffins?  But she does so off I go taking her to school EARLY.  Oh well.  It's also immigrant day and she's dressed in a very expensive dress so she can look like an immigrant from long ago.  I'll post a picture later if I can get her to pose for me.

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wakymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:31 AM

I am sooo not a morning person either! Any time I have to get up and dressed early for something for the kids, I tell them they'd better appreciate it! I've even been known to thank ds1 for NOT wanting to do the before-school orchestra club b/c it meets at 6:45 a.m.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Just got home, forgot to snap the picture.  Man I hate these let's scam the moms to buy books from the book fair.  I want to help out the school but books are SOOO much cheaper everywhere else.

I can't believe how whiney I sounded. 

Quoting wakymom:

I am sooo not a morning person either! Any time I have to get up and dressed early for something for the kids, I tell them they'd better appreciate it! I've even been known to thank ds1 for NOT wanting to do the before-school orchestra club b/c it meets at 6:45 a.m.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:10 AM
I'm a morning person so morning things don't bother me, late into the evening stuff does though. Hope the time with DD was fun even though you don't like muffins.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:49 AM

It was very stressful for me, and I'm still coming down from the anxiety from it, but I think she had a good time.  She got a book, which she's been wanting for a while, and a couple of bookmarks as well as got to sit with her friends.  I didn't even embarrass her by walking her to class like I used to do.  She's growing up. :(

Quoting fammatthews4:

I'm a morning person so morning things don't bother me, late into the evening stuff does though. Hope the time with DD was fun even though you don't like muffins.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Normally I am a morning person, but it depends on how well I slept the night before.

Sounds like she had a great time, so you have a mommy success!

Barabell
by Barbara on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I am not a morning person at all. So I can completely relate!

You're such a great mom for going, like there was no alternative option.

I'm looking forward to seeing the picture.

sunflowers12
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:58 AM

sleepgo back to bed then :) 

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I like mornings...amd muffins!     I go to work at 5am.  The sunrise is beautiful.

I always wonder how non morning people deal with little ones......but BFF is not a morning person.  When her kids were toddlers, when they woke up she brought them into her room and dozed while they watched cartoons.   She put cardboard in their bdrm windows so the sun did not wake them so early.  She also filled a tupperware bowl with cheerios and set it on the counter, and kept a small container of milk in the door of the fridge so her son could get to it.

What did you do?

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I got up.  I was a single mom for years before I met hubby.  I got up, go dressed, tended to my baby and then dropped her off at day care while I went to work.

Now that they are teenagers, my insomnia has gotten worse, and hubby gets up at 5:30am every day, I let him take care of them.  The kids are ALL morning people.  Ick. 

No matter how I feel, I take care of the things that need to be done.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

I like mornings...amd muffins!     I go to work at 5am.  The sunrise is beautiful.

I always wonder how non morning people deal with little ones......but BFF is not a morning person.  When her kids were toddlers, when they woke up she brought them into her room and dozed while they watched cartoons.   She put cardboard in their bdrm windows so the sun did not wake them so early.  She also filled a tupperware bowl with cheerios and set it on the counter, and kept a small container of milk in the door of the fridge so her son could get to it.

What did you do?

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I used to be a night owl now I am an early bird, lol. 

I hope you and your dd had a good time :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN