Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

My latest project

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Ida
  • 16 Replies

I am making laundry detergent since canning season is over I got bored :)

This is it cooking

This is after it sets for 24 hours in a 5 gallon bucket it is like jello on top you mix it and put it in small containers for easy use

The finished product now I ready to try it.  I wish you could smell it because it smells so good.

My boys said not to wash their clothes with it until I see what it does they are afraid it will eat holes in them LOL.

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luv2BaMommy9809
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:19 PM

GOOD FOR YOU!!  Keep us updated, as I have been meaning to try this myself!

GOOD LUCK!!

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Can you post the recipe please

02nana07
by Ida on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:35 PM

start with 1 bar fels naptha soap shred it then melt it on medium heat with 4 cups water takes about 15 minutes

next take a 5 gallon bucket fill 1/2 full of hot water add 3/4 cup washing soap and 1 cup of borax and stir until mixed well

then add melted soap to bucket stir and mix well

finally fill the bucket the rest of the way with hot water put lid on it and rest for the next 24 hours while the soap settles

after 24 hours take your hands and mix the mixture there will be some jello type stuff on the top just break it up and continue mixing with hands until it is once again liquid

fill small bottles 1/2 full of water then finish filling with mixture and shake you are ready to do your 1st load of laundry. 

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

02nana07
by Ida on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

The clothes are washing now I will know soon how well it works fingers crossed

Quoting Luv2BaMommy9809:

GOOD FOR YOU!!  Keep us updated, as I have been meaning to try this myself!

GOOD LUCK!!

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Quoting 02nana07:

start with 1 bar fels naptha soap shred it then melt it on medium heat with 4 cups water takes about 15 minutes

next take a 5 gallon bucket fill 1/2 full of hot water add 3/4 cup washing soap and 1 cup of borax and stir until mixed well

finally fill the bucket the rest of the way with hot water put lid on it and rest for the next 24 hours while the soap settles

after 24 hours take your hands and mix the mixture there will be some jello type stuff on the top just break it up and continue mixing with hands until it is once again liquid

fill small bottles 1/2 full of water then finish filling with mixture and shake you are ready to do your 1st load of laundry. 

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Thank you

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Cool!   You are one handy lady!

02nana07
by Ida on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:49 PM

You are very welcome

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting 02nana07:

next take a 5 gallon bucket fill 1/2 full of hot water add 3/4 cup washing soda and 1 cup of borax and stir until mixed well

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Thank you

02nana07
by Ida on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:49 PM

THANK YOU I try : )

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Cool!   You are one handy lady!

Wantn1more
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:54 PM
In your recipe.... What is the 3/4 C washing soap? Also, where did you get your naptha and borax?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
02nana07
by Ida on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:58 PM

You will find it in the laundry section make sure you get this not baking soda it is in a box that looks like this and is next to it.  I got everything at walmart

Quoting Wantn1more:

In your recipe.... What is the 3/4 C washing soda? Also, where did you get your naptha and borax?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN