Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you guys do something special? ADDED PICTURE

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't consider myself wealthy by any means.  However, we are comfortable at the moment and I want to show others how thankful I am that they are around.  I live in a small neighborhood, about 100 houses.  Because many of the people in the neighborhood are elderly, and I know many have no family close, I decided to do something special for EVERYONE in the neighborhood. 

I bake, and love to.  I also sell my products when I am able to.  I made a few bucks at the farmer's market this year and had a blast!  Well I decided for Thanksgiving, I would bake a mini loaf of from scratch gingerbread for every house in our neighborhood.  Yes it is time consuming but I think it's just as rewarding. 

I am having a little card printed up (hubby is using the printer at work) that is a simple happy thanksgiving, from us.  Nice little quote from Shakspeare in there about gingerbread, and on the back is the ingredients and the nutritional information for it.

What do you think?  Would you accept a gift like that?

This is what they look like all dolled up

This is what it looked like before it got dolled up.

I made WAY too many for the neighborhood, so we ended up taking them to our police department, the neighboring town's police department and the neighboring town's fire department (our is all volunteer so no one was there).

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Replies (11-14):
suesues
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:36 AM

just beautiful

Barabell
by Barbara on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:37 AM

That was very thoughtful and caring thing to do.

drfink
by Emily on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Those are beautiful.You did a wonderful job .A lot of people are happy because of your miscalculations...the best kind of miscalculation ; )

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Quoting diaperstodating:

Yes I would! Very thoughtful of you! The neighbors will appreciate it.

They sure would

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)