Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens
My sons are 11&8. They get into physical fights! I try to stop them but they just go around. One lives with dad, one with me. I just don't know what to do any more! And of course I try not to take sides. I've made them hold hands, tell each other reasons they LIKE each other and what makes them mad.
someone help!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:20 PM
Replies (11-12):
maengle
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this
We each have them every other weekend, and I'd love to do a week with mom and a week with dad. But dad lives an hr away.
Dad is looking at getting a place closer and maybe we can try that. Who knows.
I've sat with dad and explained the benefits of them living together but he ain't buying it.
Looks like its time to go back to court :(

Quoting robyann:

It's pretty normal for siblings to fight, especially boys. Although it may be partly due to the living situation. The older one wants to come back to live with you, but is not being able too. So he is mad that his younger brother gets to llve with you, so he takes it out on him.

Get with their dad and see what you two can work out together. Maybe have both boys at the same places at the same times. Like when it's dad's time he has both boys and when  it's your time you have both. Sorta a split thing, aka shared parenting.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sahlady
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:41 PM

there is your answer as to why

this is more than hand holding... this needs professional help

Quoting maengle:

I had them both move in with dad a few years back due to me being in an abusive relationship. That way I would get out without my kids being around it.
After I was back on my feet the younger one moved back with me but the oldest wanted go stay at dads so we agreed it would be OK as long as things worked and grades were good and so on.
Oldest now wants to move back with me and dad is fighting it cuz he don't wanna pay cs.
Anyways, the younger one does have issues because dad pretty much favors older son.
I do what I can to favor both but sometimes its not always easy. If that makes sense! I'm not a perfect momma but I try.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN