Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom of 4 girls 2 pre-teens and pregnant again...

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:43 PM
  • 14 Replies

I'm a mother of 4 beautiful girls. My girls are 14, 13, 10 and 2 years old and my fiance and I just found out were expecting baby #5. I'm about 13 weeks pregnant, all the kids seem to be excited about the pregnancy until they get punished or in trouble then they say "I'm gonna hate this baby", or "I hate this baby already", I dont know what to think or say. I just tell them it's not the babies fault your in trouble. I really hope things change before the baby gets here.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Good luck.  Sounds kind of spiteful towards you, not to the baby.

glo_salazar
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Yes, I try to keep telling myself the same thing. There trying to be spitefull and hurt me and the easiest target right now is the baby that's not even here yet. I have a long road ahead of me, but I just keep telling myself there only pre-teens acting out verbally. I was once a teen and did the same thing, I didn't know it was going to be so heartbreaking. 

kblossom20
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:52 AM

They sound really immature. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

glo_salazar
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:03 AM

@kblossom20- yes 10 and 13 year old children are immature...but there still my children and I love them no matter what...

mgm_5
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:12 AM
2 moms liked this
Kids will be kids and say dumb, rude things, they don't mean the things they say, they just know what to say to get your blood boiling, just tell them don't be rude and show them it doesn't get to u, maybe they will stop saying those things if they see it has no affect on you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
glo_salazar
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:23 AM

@mgm_5- it sounds like you understand children, you must be a mom too. I try and not let the things my children say to me in the heat  the moment get to me, but it still hurts. The good thing is after the situation calms down they do come and apoligize for the mean the rude, and mean comments...so at least they know how to apoligize when there in the wrong.

tyfry7496
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this
That's good but they also need to learn how to take responsibility for their poor choices and not blame an unborn child. That is where the immaturity comes in. 10&13 yr olds should not be doing the " I hate" game, that's what my class of 3 year olds do when they are in trouble. Yes, I not only work with kids but have a teenager. I've also taken numerous development, psych and other courses pertaining to children in the last 20 years to keep my licensing current. And in all the classes this would not be normal behavior for their age group. Blaming others when you get in trouble is something that needs to change.

Quoting glo_salazar:

@mgm_5- it sounds like you understand children, you must be a mom too. I try and not let the things my children say to me in the heat  the moment get to me, but it still hurts. The good thing is after the situation calms down they do come and apoligize for the mean the rude, and mean comments...so at least they know how to apoligize when there in the wrong.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mgm_5
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Yup, i have 4 lol, my oldest is 13 ;) that's good when they realize they are in the wrong

Quoting glo_salazar:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
02nana07
by Ida on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Just wondering do they have the same dad since you aren't married I was wondering how long the daddy has been around.

The baby might make it real that he is hopefully there to stay and if you are stricter than before they might resent the baby since they can't take it out on the dad.

chattycassie
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:29 PM

It happens when my girls get in trouble they always have to be mad at someone besdies them. It makes it easier, I would not worry too much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)