Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

What do your teens want for Christmas?

Posted by   + Show Post

My kids don't want any big items, it's just that what the want is getting pricey. I have 4 kids and I am already stressing about where to get all the money for the gifts.  

3MOM627

have a nice day

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Replies (31-40):
suesues
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:31 PM

they want stuff that is impossible to get like concert tickets that they know get sold out in nyc in seconds and I wont pay scalper prices

drfink
by Emily on Nov. 23, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I am so excited this worked out .He talks about records all the time.Now we need to think of a bday present for him.He will be 15 in Jan and we were getting this for him but my mom decided to so back to the thinking cap.I haven't actually seen his gift ,she had it wrapped ,but I think it is the same as your daughter's with a radio also.

Where did she shop for records ...local or online or both ?Any online sites to recommend ?

Quoting luckysevenwow:

My dd got a record player two years ago, it also had a cd player, radio going on. She had so much fun shopping for records and discovered a few new bands while she was at it.

Quoting drfink:

they both want ipads.We explained that would be most of their present.I will get them discounted movie tickets for their stockings from costco.They love books so they always get that.Plus a few minor things .Our 14 y.o is getting amazon and halfprice books giftcards from aunts and uncles.My mom is giving him a turntable/cd player.He is now into "vinyl" not dj style he just loves vinyl ; ) so aunts and uncles are giving gift cards so he can purchase vinyl.

KW1280
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 5:43 PM
My daughter has nvr asked for anything. I know she loves body sprays and clothes ( they have to be unique) This year she is getting a car from my brother.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
drfink
by Emily on Nov. 23, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Quoting tyfry7496:

a Guiness Book of World records (a tradition).

It is published a week or so before my 16's bday in the fall.He requests it every year .This year he told me if he ever forgets to ask he STILL WANTS IT !!! It is his tradition now  too ; )

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:35 PM

She got the bulk of her's from thrift stores, a few from a place around here that sells them and then a couple off of E-Bay and even amazon. It's surprising but they are making a comeback so they usually aren't to hard to find. 

Quoting drfink:

I am so excited this worked out .He talks about records all the time.Now we need to think of a bday present for him.He will be 15 in Jan and we were getting this for him but my mom decided to so back to the thinking cap.I haven't actually seen his gift ,she had it wrapped ,but I think it is the same as your daughter's with a radio also.

Where did she shop for records ...local or online or both ?Any online sites to recommend ?

Quoting luckysevenwow:

My dd got a record player two years ago, it also had a cd player, radio going on. She had so much fun shopping for records and discovered a few new bands while she was at it.

Quoting drfink:

they both want ipads.We explained that would be most of their present.I will get them discounted movie tickets for their stockings from costco.They love books so they always get that.Plus a few minor things .Our 14 y.o is getting amazon and halfprice books giftcards from aunts and uncles.My mom is giving him a turntable/cd player.He is now into "vinyl" not dj style he just loves vinyl ; ) so aunts and uncles are giving gift cards so he can purchase vinyl.

LOVES67
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:34 PM
He hasn't told me yet
Lovingmyny
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:45 AM
DD 13 wants gift cards for clothes
circle_of_life
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Mine 15 year old gets a new phone every christmas. The rest of the stuff she wants is pretty minor. CDs, band tee shirts, a pillow pet, and some perfume. I got her a comforter set that she didn't ask for so she has at least one surprise.

circle_of_life
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:57 AM

My 12 year old has gotten one every year for the last three. She loves it!

Quoting drfink:

Quoting tyfry7496:

a Guiness Book of World records (a tradition).

It is published a week or so before my 16's bday in the fall.He requests it every year .This year he told me if he ever forgets to ask he STILL WANTS IT !!! It is his tradition now  too ; )

shorty13417
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:20 PM

all my son, whos 16, wants for christmas is some new Xbox 360 games... thats it or atleast thats all he has told us he wanted

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)